Author Topic: The LAST Training or Teaching Day?  (Read 2908 times)

Offline Serene

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • It Is What It Is
The LAST Training or Teaching Day?
« on: October 19, 2004, 02:40:20 PM »
This question more than once has crossed my mind. I have asked myself what would you do if it were you last training day?

How would you like to be remembered?

What techniques would you want to share?

Many people have asked why do I do what I do? I believe that tomorrow is not promised to me therefore I give it my best shot today. If it be my turn to leave than I can honestly say I did my best on my last Kajukenbo day.

Some say we have the rest of our lives but in reality we only have today.

My message is whether you are the student or the instructor give everyday your best shot.

No more excuses just do it. You'll see you'll be glad you did too as well as everyone around you. ;D

Soifua,
Sifu Serene Terrazas
Head Instructor
Terrazas Kajukenbo
American Canyon, Ca.

Offline Gints Klimanis

• Moderators
  • Black Belt
    • Gentlemen's Fighting Club
Re:The LAST Training or Teaching Day?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 05:41:13 PM »
I would say "Enough with all of this talking.  Now, we fight.", preferably with a faked Bavarian accent.
"We do not condone the use of a toilet seat as a deadly weapon"
Go Shin Jutsu Kenpo, 3rd Degree Black Belt Prof. Richard Lewis
Bono JKD/Kajukenbo, Prof. John Bono, San Jose, CA
Baltic Dog, Dog Brothers Martial Arts

Offline Serene

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • It Is What It Is
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 05:46:10 PM »
I can respect that.  :) There's no wrong or right just make sure its what  you want-no regrets. ;)
Sifu Serene Terrazas
Head Instructor
Terrazas Kajukenbo
American Canyon, Ca.

Offline Serene

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • It Is What It Is
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 06:58:53 PM »
Well done Shodanson.

Yes, we often find ourselves taking our days just as they come day after day. Sometimes we say our days are boring yet it is not the day that was boring, it was us that was boring.

I know your instructor is very proud of you as your students and teamates. You have definetly left your mark.  You are very welcome.

Giving it our best shot comes in many ways. It could be giving someone a ride to class. It could be cleaning the dojo. Talking to someone that needed an ear or a shoulder. Taking your instructor or student out to eat afterwards.

Lastly, maybe making peace with that someone that its been so long we forgot why we didn't talk anymore.

There are many ways for us to express our sincere gratitiude for being part of Kajukenbo. Be creative and most important don't sell yourself short.  

I will leave you with one of the many thoughts from my dad to me:

Remember that your kids watch what you do and they mirrior you. The bigger your heart, there's will be 10x. So always make sure you have big heart so they gonna have plenty love when you are gone. ;D

I laughed than but now I see and everyday I remind myself of his words.

Soifua,
Sifu Serene Terrazas
Head Instructor
Terrazas Kajukenbo
American Canyon, Ca.