Author Topic: Swift Tigers  (Read 13720 times)

Offline Dpkempo

• White Belt
Re: Swift Tigers
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2005, 08:26:01 PM »
Hi Professor Joe Shuras,
 I was wonder if there was a way to see circle of the panther or leopard, swift tigers, pinon #7 on tape somehow.  Also if there was a copy of Nick Cerios master Text available.  It is difficult to find these katas close to their original form.  Many people have changed them to make them different so they can call it there own or they just never remembered it correctly and thought they were doing it right the whole time.  I'd like to understand the original ideas so I can get e better understanding of what was being taught at that time.  I appreciate any help that you can give.

Respectfully
Sensei Dominick
Sifu Dominick Panetta
American Kempo
Kempo Martial Arts

Karazenpo

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2005, 04:16:09 PM »
Hello Sifu, Circle of the Leopard is on video and in the Master's Text. Circle of the Panther is not on video but is in the Master's Text. Call Hanshi Craig Seavey 508-879-6494 to see if any of these videos or books are still floating around because last I knew they were out of print but there could be some videos or even texts in stock. Gm. Villari has not put Swift Tigers on vodeo as of yet and neither has Gm. Pesare put Pinan #7 on video, Matt probably got a copy of someone doing it at a tournament but I'm not sure, you'll have to ask him. I don't think Swift Tigers is in Nohelty & Bryants handbook either but that also would be a better question for Matt, he would know for he was formerly of Master's Self Defense Centers. Respectfully, Prof. Joe

Offline Matt

• Yellow Belt
  • Hey - look ! Your shoe is untied!
    • Cape Cod Martial Arts Academy
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2005, 10:57:27 PM »
Hello Sifu, Circle of the Leopard is on video and in the Master's Text. Circle of the Panther is not on video but is in the Master's Text. Call Hanshi Craig Seavey 508-879-6494 to see if any of these videos or books are still floating around because last I knew they were out of print but there could be some videos or even texts in stock. Gm. Villari has not put Swift Tigers on vodeo as of yet and neither has Gm. Pesare put Pinan #7 on video, Matt probably got a copy of someone doing it at a tournament but I'm not sure, you'll have to ask him. I don't think Swift Tigers is in Nohelty & Bryants handbook either but that also would be a better question for Matt, he would know for he was formerly of Master's Self Defense Centers. Respectfully, Prof. Joe

I don't have in my possession a copy of #7, I just got to watch a copy of someone else's video of it a few times. I would like to get #7 on tape for historical / comparison purposes. Swift Tigers is not in the MSDC manual, but I did tape myself doing it a ways back, I'll see if I can find it. I do have it written out in a word document as well. I'll get it posted to a site for download shortly.

Matt
Matthew Barnes
Cape Cod Martial Arts Academy / Kempo Jutsu Kai International
"Let them call me rebel, and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whøre of my soul by swearing allegiance to one..." Thomas Paine, The AMERICAN CRISIS.

Offline The Kai

• Yellow Belt
    • Kai Martial Arts
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2005, 08:17:02 AM »
There are Videos out with Shihan Mike Burton, one of Nick Cerio's senior students.  With Cicrle of the Leopard, panther on tape.  He is a excellent martial artist and teacher.  I will post his Phone # later
Todd Martin
Kenpo

Offline East Coast Kempo

• White Belt
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2005, 09:20:26 PM »
Does anyone know where I could get a copy of any of Professor Cerio's books on the internet? The Master's Text or otherwise..

Thanks,
Matt
Matt Cordella, Probationary Shodan
Under the instruction of Sensei Mike Savino
White Tiger Kempo

Always learning...
"No matter what anyone tells you, eating pretzels before your black belt test WILL NOT HELP YOU!"- Life lesson learned the hard way  :-P

Offline KempoCuban

• White Belt
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2005, 11:43:17 AM »
Hi Matt,
Try contacting Hanshi Seavey,  His number and e-mail can be found at www.nickcerioskenpo.com
Sensei Joe Viera
Sandan
Affiliation: Masters Self Defense - Professors R. Nohelty and J. Bryant and Master J. Mullaney.