Author Topic: Searching for a school in or near Spokane, WA  (Read 2774 times)

Offline badsifu

• restricted
  • Brown Belt
Searching for a school in or near Spokane, WA
« on: June 20, 2005, 11:08:51 AM »
Any recommendations would be great.  Thanks.
Dan Tyrrell

Offline envisiontj

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • Thanks Jeff and Boogie!!
Re: Searching for a school in or near Spokane, WA
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 12:34:44 AM »
Hello Sigung Dan,

Sigung Frank Mateo is in Seattle.  His school is Mateo Kajukenbo.  I have his number and address.  If you want I will get that info to you.

Sifu Trent
Sifu Trent Junker
Realm Of The Tiger Kajukenbo - Portland, OR
Under GM Gerry Scott

Offline badsifu

• restricted
  • Brown Belt
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 12:41:24 AM »
Thanks for the help Sifu.  I have been scanning the internet planning my next road trip and I want to see the Nez Perce National Site that is outside of Spokane.  No Kajukenbo schools listed, but many aren't :)
Dan Tyrrell

Offline Timh

• White Belt
  • Lotus Self-Defense Institute
    • Lotus Self-Defense
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 12:24:18 PM »
Try contacting Ajarn Roy Harrington at Lotus Self-Defense Institute. He is headmaster of the school. Lotus is a form of Kajukenbo that was developed by our style's founder in Ubon,Thailand. Roy's number is 509-624-9129.

Tim Hollembaek
Tim E. Hollembaek
Lotus Self-Defense Institute
14615 SW Osprey Dr. #322
Beaverton, OR 97007

Offline John Bishop

• Senior Black Belt
  • Black Belt
  • Seek Knowledge, Not Rank
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 02:31:32 PM »
Try contacting Ajarn Roy Harrington at Lotus Self-Defense Institute. He is headmaster of the school. Lotus is a form of Kajukenbo that was developed by our style's founder in Ubon,Thailand. Roy's number is 509-624-9129.

Tim Hollembaek

I looked at your website, and the history section.  Where is the Kajukenbo connection?  The founders biography does not mention any Kajukenbo training or ranks.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 05:15:27 PM by John Bishop »
John Bishop  8th Degree-Original Method 
Under Grandmaster Gary Forbach
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

"You watch, once I'm gone, all the snakes will start popping their heads up!"  Sijo Emperado

Offline Timh

• White Belt
    • Lotus Self-Defense
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 10:25:20 PM »
Our founder Precha Mahachanavong received his black belt in Kajukenbo from Tony Lasit in Ubon, Thailand in I believe 1971. Tony is a first line student of Sijo Emperado. Ajarn (teacher) Mahachanavong formed Lotus Self-Defense Institute from his professional Muay thai, Kajukenbo, Aikido and Judo experiences. He didn't set out to create another form of Kajukenbo but you know how "your stuff" gets mixed up in your teaching. So, that is the link. I talked to Tony Lasit last week and he asked me to get together our family tree information and provide it to him and proceed with official Kajukenbo recognition. I suspect that we will be another unique style of Kajukenbo.Lotus has about 85-90 black belts that I have names and dates for. I am still researching. Tony said he is in the process of getting his line together for inclusion in Professor Philip Galinas' family tree of Kajukenbo...stay tuned.
Tim E. Hollembaek
14615 SW Osprey Dr. #322
Beaverton, OR 97007

Offline Timh

• White Belt
    • Lotus Self-Defense
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 11:44:08 AM »
Todd,

Another message! I have been Oregon for 62 years. I was born in Bend and started my training in Lotus Self-Defense in 1979. That is when my instructors brought it to Bend from Spokane.
Tim E. Hollembaek
14615 SW Osprey Dr. #322
Beaverton, OR 97007