Author Topic: Califonia Flooding  (Read 1392 times)

Offline envisiontj

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • Thanks Jeff and Boogie!!
Califonia Flooding
« on: January 01, 2006, 02:05:42 PM »
I understand, through internet news, that Northern California is flooding pretty bad, especially Napa Valley (where Sigungs Dan and Patricia Tyrell are).  I hope you are all fairing well through the damages.  I read that many homes have already been greatly affected, hopefully our Kajukenbo brothers and sisters are safe.  I know this is not nearly as devastating as other recent disasters, but those in Northern California still need our support and prayers.

Sifu Trent Junker
Realm Of The Tiger Kajukenbo
Sifu Trent Junker
Realm Of The Tiger Kajukenbo - Portland, OR
Under GM Gerry Scott

Offline badsifu

• restricted
  • Brown Belt
Re: Califonia Flooding
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 11:52:56 AM »
Hey Sifu Trent:

Flooding was pretty bad in some areas.  It didn't get as high as it had in previous floods, but it was still up to the door at the Napa Dojo - a foot from the back door actually.  The parking lot was a big lake and Juarez St that runs next to the dojo became the Juarez River ushering all sorts of garbage out to the main channel and eventually out into the bay. Sand bagging started earlier than expected - between 3:30-4am and I think I left to go home about noon.  A lot of homes that traditionally get flooded were under water.  Some of the downtown businesses got caught off guard.  I think they thought that the flood wasn't coming until 10/11am or not at all.  Sifu Mike took some pictures that I am sure he can post up when he gets a chance.  We lucked out, but not too many did.
Dan Tyrrell

Offline Chief Instructor

• Moderators
  • Brown Belt
    • Hokkien Martial Arts
Re: Califonia Flooding
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 03:48:46 PM »
I was worried about the Kaju Ohana in Napa Valley when I heard the news. I'm glad that many of them are okay. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who are affected.

God bless,
Andrew
Sigung Andrew Evans, KSDI #888
Hokkien Martial Arts, Topeka, KS
http://www.TopekaKarate.com