Author Topic: Deeper look at Kempo  (Read 1311 times)

Offline NYKaju

• Black Belt
  • Village Pariah
Deeper look at Kempo
« on: May 15, 2006, 10:25:12 PM »
Well I have finally written the article that I believe trumps anything else I have written. I finally as per suggestion by some of my training partners, as well as my students, have penned (or rather typed) in detail the driving concepts, aspects and theory of Kempo, as well as an unbiased and open critique about the art in my opinion based on my experience. I have also layed out an idea as to how in our school we have sought to expand our training to fill in what we consider "chinks in the armor", and live on the Kempo tradition of blending arts and styles to keep us on the cutting edge of MA and proper self defense.

You can find it here: http://www.whitetigerkempo.com/index.html?key=&pg=history
and if that link doesn't go right to the page but rather loads the intro, then just skip the intro and click the "History" link on the left side.

I also have a discussion about the points made there as the top post of the "Instructor's Corner" page which can also be found on the front homepage. Feel free to post any response you feel; again the only thing I will take offense to would be out and out innapropriate comments that I feel I don't need to elaborate on. Aside from that, don't hesitate to say anything you feel like.
Sensei/Coach James Mayors
Ronin Martial Arts
Kajukenbo under Dan Tyrrell
BJJ under Matt Serra
Judo under Mark Staniszewski
"You don't rise to the level of your expectations, you fall to the level of your training"