Author Topic: Chauan Fa today  (Read 55124 times)

Offline Steve

• Blue Belt
  • Peace and Love
Re: Chauan Fa today
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2006, 01:49:06 PM »

Merci Lean

Good francais  ;) The last phrase is a little bit hard to understood ...but I could understood the intention...

Does the counter are the same U learned ?

Thank U (Merci)
 Steeve

Steve Malette
Kajukenbo /chuan fa  Honor to GM Gelinas,Sifu Baralis.Sifu  Fajardo
Ng Ga kuen Kung fu(GM Ark Yueh Wong system) under Sifu Seming Ma
Kuntao Silat De Thouars Honor to Guru Tuan Randall Goodwin
Who s Who

Offline SifuLen

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Thru this Fist Way one gains long life & happiness
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2006, 07:02:15 AM »
Steve,
#2 & #3 are the same as today.
yours
  1. Fast kick : as they punch with their boxer type punch, Step to the left to 11:00 and deliver a left inward parry, and a hammerfist to the attackers bicep, simultaneouly deliver a front snapping kick to the groin. and follow up.Right hand trap and follow with a left finger jab...left  hand trap and follow with a right backfist (or a hammer fist).

ours;   .Right & left hand slap attackers hand down and follow with a right backfist (or a hammer fist) to groin, back fist to face, turn & right back kick.

Train hard       lots of sweat
Sifu Leonard Torres 3rd degree
Lineage; Sijo-SGM Halbuna-SGM Conway-Me.
At least on the tree but trained with many others.
With all respect to Oahu & Mainland.

Offline Jason Goldsmith

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
    • Tactical Kung Fu and MMA
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2006, 12:03:14 PM »
As an interesting note to this discussion, in WHKD today #1 is as Len described, and #2-3 are roughly the same as described by Steve, although #3 has a shoulder lock before the throw that sets it up, and it is more of a sweep than a throw.
Sifu Jason Goldsmith
5th Degree, Wun Hop Kuen Do Kung Fu
Under GM Al Dacascos
Instructor--WHKD
Durham NC and Philadelphia PA
www.tkfmma.com

Offline cirillo

• Blue Belt
    • Wun Hop Kuen Do
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2006, 12:43:02 PM »
Actually, I learned all of these as variations.  What is taught as #1, #1a, #1b, etc. depends upon the instructor somewhat.  I teach variations up to #a-d on most of these.  However, Jason is of course right, in GM Al Dacascos' current chart, #3 uses the shoulder lock, which I originally learned as #3b.  This is particularly true in Chuan Fa because the different varieties of Chuan Fa originated at specific times during the development of these techniques. 8)
Sifu Jeffrey D. Cirillo,  7th Degree Black belt in Wun Hop Kuen Do under GM Al Dacascos and 3rd Degree in FaChuan (Blossom Fist) under Sifu Bill Owens with over 35 years experience in the martial arts.
College Station, TX

Offline Steve

• Blue Belt
  • Peace and Love
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2006, 03:57:40 PM »

All Sifu s

For number 3

U mean by shoulder lock after the bicept strike I moved in and push the opponent elbow in.... before execute the back leg swweep....

For WHKD today 1

1. Fast kick : as they punch with their boxer type punch, Step to the left to 11:00 and deliver a left inward parry, and a hammerfist to the attackers bicep, simultaneouly deliver a front snapping kick to the groin.Right & left hand slap attackers hand down and follow with a right backfist (or a hammer fist) to groin, back fist to face, turn & right back kick.

Could U explain why after the simultaneous basics(gunting and kick to groin) we go for a bacfist/hammer to groin the same target of the kick....by pain reaction the opponent catch his balls after the kick....I dont mean its wrong I just give analyse

Thank
 Steeve

Steve Malette
Who s Who

Offline cirillo

• Blue Belt
    • Wun Hop Kuen Do
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2006, 11:02:34 AM »
First, in my group we don't do the kick to the groin, we do it to the shin.  Second, the chart is just the chart, it shouldn't be adhered to in a real situation.  This particular drill is good for working low and high at the same time.  That is the point.  Also, the hand slap down, we do as a quick lock/break from the bicep hammer, this prevents the opponent from going low, since they are locked with the back arched.  Well, really going through this on the web isn't going to catch it for you.  I suggest you contact a WHKD instructor close to you and have them show you, LOL. 8)
Sifu Jeffrey D. Cirillo,  7th Degree Black belt in Wun Hop Kuen Do under GM Al Dacascos and 3rd Degree in FaChuan (Blossom Fist) under Sifu Bill Owens with over 35 years experience in the martial arts.
College Station, TX

Offline Steve

• Blue Belt
  • Peace and Love
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2006, 02:01:16 PM »
 ;)Sifu Cirillio

I also used the shin like target for fast kick if the shin is the nearest target or the groin depend on the position of the opponent and what target is the nearest...

Second, the chart is just the chart, it shouldn't be adhered to in a real situation.  This particular drill is good for working low and high at the same time.  That is the point. I AGREE WITH U TOTALLY

Well, really going through this on the web isn't going to catch it for you. I UNDERSTOOD WHAT U MEAN I HAVE 25 YEARS BACKGROUND IN MARTIAL ARTS...AND I CATCH UR EXPLAINAITION VERY WELL ;)
 I suggest you contact a WHKD instructor close to you and have them show you, LOL. WHKD INSTRUCTOR  HERE IN CANADA CAME FROM THE OLD VERSION AND TEACH THIS VERSION...PROBABLY WE  NEED A WHKD UPDATE  8)

Thank
  STeeve

Steve Malette
Who s Who

Offline cirillo

• Blue Belt
    • Wun Hop Kuen Do
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2006, 09:38:44 AM »
Well then, you probably know what you need then.  You need to invite GM Dacascos out for a seminar.  He will help update whatever you like.  I imagine he would be happy to.  If you don't know how to get in touch with him, let me know.

Glad my explanations were clear enough... some people can get it with just a few coments and others can't. ;D

By the way, I don't teach the groin kicks because I consider the groin too high for street kicks. 8)
College Station, TX

Offline Steve

• Blue Belt
  • Peace and Love
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2006, 03:59:49 PM »

Sifu Cirillo

Then U teach the fast kick to the shin....Do u do it with the ball of the feet or with the heel kick I mean a front kick with the toe out...?

Steve Malette
Who s Who

Offline cirillo

• Blue Belt
    • Wun Hop Kuen Do
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2006, 03:45:24 PM »
Depends on the angle and position of me and the attacker.  Modify based on the opponent and situation.  Could go all the way up to a knee break instead of a shin kick and all the way down to an instep stomp instead of a shin kick.  Positioning could result in an achilles strike too.   Whatever is the most fun, flows well and causes the most pain.  LOL. 8)
College Station, TX

Offline Steve

• Blue Belt
  • Peace and Love
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2006, 01:01:11 PM »

Sifu Cirillo

I agree then fast kick to the lower leg could be very useful in street(self defense) no telegraphic motion and invincible kick for set up for entry....

Does all the chart for punch,grab ,knife and club in WHKD are be change with new like the WHKD punch 1 U explain to me earlier ....I mean no more the chuan fa techniques are used....? from what I have chart 6 is punch counter ,chart 7 grab,chart 8 club,chart 9 knife chart 10 kick counter

Thank for Ur helps
 Steeve

Steve Malette
Who s Who

Offline cirillo

• Blue Belt
    • Wun Hop Kuen Do
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2006, 02:30:06 PM »
Yes, all the material has changed.  I see changes every year, still today.  Also, much totally new information and charts have been added.  The flavor is very different in WHKD than Chuan Fa, but the foundation is still there.  Even the Kajukenbo. 8)
College Station, TX

Offline Jason Goldsmith

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2006, 03:57:54 PM »
Too add onto how changes are incorporated in WHKD, every year GM Dacascos updates some of the requirements, and these updates are shared at seminars that his students (and his students' students) set up.  The WHKD instructors copy down these changes into their curriculum books (which we call "Red Books" due to the color of the binder they are in), and every so often (5-10 yrs) the requirement documents are updated for certain belts to reflect these revisions.
Sifu Jason Goldsmith
Under GM Al Dacascos
Instructor--WHKD
www.tkfmma.com

Offline Steve

• Blue Belt
  • Peace and Love
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2006, 01:11:32 PM »

Thank for the replySifu Cirillo and Jason

I have a red book but its very old  mostly the old versions of WHKD like i said earlier about the charts...number ....All seem to have change...All the techniques are from the chuan fa branch...

Steeve
Steve Malette
Who s Who

Offline Jason Goldsmith

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2006, 05:27:30 PM »
Change (ie evolution) is the nature of WHKD.  While it can be a bit frustrating at times (especially as an instructor), in the end it is our greatest strength.
Sifu Jason Goldsmith
Under GM Al Dacascos
Instructor--WHKD
www.tkfmma.com