Author Topic: The reach of Tum Pai?  (Read 6561 times)

Jking

The reach of Tum Pai?
« on: May 31, 2003, 02:14:58 PM »
this is just a simple question: where is your school?  I am very interesting in knowing exactly how far Tum Pai stretches these days.  If you could please leave a state and/or city it would be nice.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by 1054443600 »

Offline D-Man

• Blue Belt
  • It's all about the BIG PICTURE
    • SMA website
Re:The reach of Tum Pai?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2003, 04:25:35 PM »
There are many schools in the Vancouver, Washington "area" (camas, castelrock, tumwater, just to name a few).

How about you Jking? (if you are Tum Pai)

Jking

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2003, 05:30:38 PM »
Yes, I'm a TUm Pai kinda guy!  I live in vancouver washington myself

Offline Manda

• White Belt
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2003, 11:19:46 AM »
I've trained in Tum Pai for the last 2 years. My school is located in The Dalles, Or. We also have another school in Hood River Or. I know there are also Tum Pai Schools in Vancouver and Portland. Anyway, if you know of any Tum Pai schools near Ft. Worth TX let me know.
Amanda
Jack of All Trades
Master of None

Jking

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2003, 05:37:22 PM »
Hm, it seems tum pai only exists in the northwest. I know there are some schools in arizona some where, but other than that I've yet to hear of any Tum Pai schools outside of this area

Offline envisiontj

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • Thanks Jeff and Boogie!!
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2003, 01:01:58 AM »
Well, I am not sure of schools anywhere other than the Northwest.  I know there is a school in Vancouver, and Portland.  I am in Portland under Emperado's Method now, I was under Chu'an Fa before.  The Tum Pai teacher here in Portland is Sifu Scott Dinger.  He is a very good person, and I have heard many great things about him as a teacher.

Sigung Jon Loren, the originator of Tum Pai, should be able to help you further in your search of Tum Pai schools.  His address is:  Sigung Jon Loren, Northern Tum Pai Association, P.O Box 124, Brookings, OR  97415.

Write to him and I am sure he would be happy to help you with any requested information.

Kajukenbo Forever!

Trent Junker
envisiontj
Sifu Trent Junker
Realm Of The Tiger Kajukenbo - Portland, OR
Under GM Gerry Scott

Offline guarded

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • He who hesitates, meditates; horizontally!
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2003, 06:21:43 AM »
Tum Pai was originated here in Kelso, Wa.  Explaining why it only in the NW.  It is currently moving down the W. coast though.  There are not any schools in the Texas area yet.  
Jerry Guard
Kajukenbo Tum Pai Brown/Black Sash under Prof. Steve Larson          My everyday stance is my fighting stance.  My fighting stance is my everyday stance.

Missie

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2004, 06:30:48 AM »
I am in Vancouver Washington.  Tum Pai is primarily in the Northwest.  This is true.  I have trained in Battle Ground and currently train in Vancouver.  Jking, where do you train?

Offline Kaju Bear

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
  • Not by Power, Nor by Might, Only by Spirit!
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2004, 11:29:30 AM »
I have heard of Kajukenbo schools in AZ getting instruction from Professor Loren but I have yet to hear of any schools established outside Oregon and Washington yet.
Sifu Morg Olsen
3rd degree, Emperado Method, Senior Grand Master Kaanana
1st degree, Tum Pai, Grand Master Robert Heuer

Offline BriDogg

• White Belt
    • St. Helens Academy of Martial Arts - Kajukenbo Tum Pai
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2004, 01:15:33 AM »
I train under Sifu Kirk Rask at the St. Helens, OR school
I might be moving down near Ashland and Medford to go to SOU. Does anyonr know of any Kajukenbo Schools down there, Tum Pai or otherwise? Any help would be greatly appreciated.