Author Topic: Handling a Grappler  (Read 26388 times)

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • "Accept the things to which fate binds you"
    • Bono's Jeet Kune Do and Kajukenbo
Re:Handling a Grappler
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2004, 07:28:26 PM »
Sigung Brian Baxter, The grappling that Brian Yoshii had was the stuff I taught at the school and to him and I agree that women really need to know the grappling for their own protection since it's likely when attacked they will end up on the ground. I've been teaching grappling since the mid '90's and never have I had any women at the school have a problem with the grappling.  My mind set is one that there is that we are a family and I teach and over see all the classes at the school. If that ever did happen at the school that would be the last time that person was at my school, but after over ten years of teaching it without problems I doubt it would. I'm also a chiropractor and have more female patients then male, but if you act professional and never waiver that's the model others around you will follow.  
GM John E Bono DC
9th Degree Grand Master Gaylord Method Kajukenbo
Full Instructor-Hartsell's Jeet Kune Do Grappling Assoc
Chief Instructor Bono's Jeet Kune Do/Kajukenbo
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire,a dream,a vision

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2004, 07:36:44 PM »
Wado, I like that story of you against the big guy.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 01:10:41 PM by KajuJKDFighter »
GM John E Bono DC
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire,a dream,a vision

Offline Pit_Master

• White Belt
  • The Pit
Re: Handling a Grappler
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2005, 07:23:57 PM »
Come to The Pit....we will teach you. ;)

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2005, 01:11:48 PM »
Teach what, I wasn't sure on who the reply was directed to? By the way clean website..
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 01:15:42 PM by KajuJKDFighter »
GM John E Bono DC

LOYALONEHK

« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2006, 08:21:16 PM »
Here is another link to the Army's Combatives Manual
www.globalsecurity.org/military/policy/army/fm/3-25-150

Sigung Bono and others interested, I thought you might like to see what is going on in the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program
heres a link,
http://www.marinecorpsmartialarts.com/

Enjoy

Palma

« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2006, 03:18:10 AM »
A Marine buddy of mine told me that they refer to their system as "Semper fu". Is that true??

LOYALONEHK

« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2006, 04:31:20 PM »
A Marine buddy of mine told me that they refer to their system as "Semper fu". Is that true??

Yes,  most of the closed minded and ignorant do...

As with most martial arts, the early years of training are the most frustrating.  I do not agree with force feeding the arts to anyone.  Unfortunately, all Marines are required to earn at least the first rank (Tan Belt). 

If you take a journey through the MACE web site and look at the requirements for the higher ranks - you will begin to recognize what they are trying to do. 

Example:  At different levels it is required that MCMAP students attend several hours training in different (civilian) arts.  Knowledge is power, right?

I have had the privilage of teaching KAJUKENBO to many MCMAP students and still do.  Most recently I taught Kajukenbo history and gave a period of Kajukenbo instruction at the MCMAP Brown Belt Instructors course.

It is my goal to give those, that are willing to give their life for our freedoms and way of life, any and all tools available to help them come home safe. 

It also doesnt hurt to spread the kajukenbo flame!
Many of the Marines and Corpsmen that I have taught either continue to train with me or have gone to seek out kajukenbo teachers in other locations throughout the world.

Peace,

Offline Brandi Ross

• Global Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • Always a student.....
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2006, 05:15:18 PM »
Sifu Webster,

Thanks for sharing the website.  Very interesting.

Aloha,
Brandi Ross
Black Belt
Kingi's Kajukenbo
GM Rick Kingi
formerly under Sigung Alex Cadang