Author Topic: You Oughta Be In Pictures  (Read 4669 times)

Sigung_Pat

You Oughta Be In Pictures
« on: January 08, 2007, 08:15:19 AM »
You oughta be a Star . . . .

If you remember that song, well . . . . you may be older than me.   

No, seriously, I just finished producing my first TV show. Or I should say, the first of a series that will air on our local public access channel.

I have all kinds of material and ideas for future segments, but wanted to know if any of the female practitioners of our art wanted to contribute any video footage for a show about Women and Kajukenbo. Original recordings work best for production. I can accept original VHS, Hi-8, and DVC (small tape size) tapes. You should include a bio and written copy about the footage if it is not self-explanatory. You ladies from Spain and abroad are welcome, too, to submit. I have someone here who I hope can translate what you say from Spanish to English and I can subtitle it, but that is a lot of work. So if you are able to have someone translate in English during your filming, that would be so much better.

And by the way, I am writing a book on the same topic -- "Women and Kajukenbo." Or a similar title. Perhaps you ladies have writen script, anecdotes, musings, and/or pictures you would like to send for inclusion?

Now here comes the legal part -- anything you send comes with it the right for me to use in my film works, publications, etc., without reimbursement or compensation to you. I'll be lucky to recover my costs in these ventures, and sheesh, if I do make any kind of profit, it won't be enough to compensate me for the time involved in this labor of love for the arts.   

If you are interested in participating, send me a private message.

Regards -- S Pat

Offline Mariel Maeso

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
Re: You Oughta Be In Pictures
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 09:45:37 AM »
Wow this is great Sigung!
I wish you the best in this project. I will send you a private mail when I gather some pictures and info.

Mariel
University of Puerto Rico Mayaguez Campus
1st Degree Black Belt
Under Sigung Jerry Mendez 7th Degree Black Belt
www.kajukenbopuertorico.com
www.kajukenbohispano.com
Hapkido & Farang Mu Sul 
Under Master Dennis Vega

Offline supertim2003

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • "That's going to leave a mark"
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 05:42:49 PM »
Very exciting news Sigung Pat.  Will there be any kind of a webcast for those of us out of the area?
Tim Morrow 1st Degree Black Sash Kajukenbo Tum Pai

Sigung_Pat

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 10:51:12 PM »
If I can figure out how to do that, sure.  Otherwise, I can make DVD's available.