Author Topic: Are YOU a KSDI member?  (Read 46192 times)

Offline GMHerrera

• Senior Black Belt
  • Yellow Belt
  • KSDI of New Mexico
    • Herrera Karate Club
Re: Are YOU a KSDI member?
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2007, 03:04:20 AM »
Aloha,

Remember that you can get Registration/Renewal forms for SIJO EMPERADO's KSDI
at www.HerreraKarate.cmasdirect.com just click on KSDI Membership.

Harry
Grand Master HARRY HERRERA
9th Degree Black Belt KAJUKENBO
(KSDI Reg. #661) Emperado Method
Sijo's last Grand Master/The baby of the family
HerreraKarate@aol.com
www.HerreraKarate.cmasdirect.com
"Herrera Kajukenbo Kenpo Karate Club" since 1972

Offline ghostman

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2008, 05:11:43 PM »
One of the best privileges I have received under my Sigung! Card #0102
Lou Ivie
2nd Black Belt
KSDI of North Texas
Sigung Jesse Escobedo
Heart of Texas Kajukenbo

Offline WAJO

• White Belt
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2008, 06:40:37 AM »
Hi, I am new to this forum and am from sunny South Africa, just saw the Fight Quest programme on KAJUKENBO and would like to know where I can get info. regarding training & techniques. I have previously trained in KENPO and SHOTOKAN KARATE. After seeing the programme, I believe KAJUKENBO is the most effective self defence method.
M.W. Fredricks
No affliation
So. Africa

Offline Brandi Ross

• Global Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • Always a student.....
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2008, 03:18:58 PM »
Wajo:

Please comply with the below cafe policy:
ATTENTION NEW AND OLD MEMBERS:  If your member name is a "nick name", WE REQUIRE that you please put your true name and affiliation in the "signature" section of your profile, so it appears at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.
Brandi Ross
Black Belt
Kingi's Kajukenbo
GM Rick Kingi
formerly under Sigung Alex Cadang

Offline WAJO

• White Belt
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2008, 12:54:58 AM »
Thanks to agarcia and Brandi Ross for the welcome.Hope someone can provide me with the info I require.Are there any KAJUKENBO Dojo's in South Africa? If not, is there a association of some sort I can go to for information or material on KAJUKENBO?
M.W. Fredricks
No affliation
So. Africa

Offline John Bishop

• Senior Black Belt
  • Black Belt
  • Seek Knowledge, Not Rank
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2008, 01:40:29 PM »
Sorry, don't know of any Kajukenbo schools or instructors on the African continent.  Various books and DVD's are available for sale in the Kajukenbo Store section:  http://www.kajukenbocafe.com/smf/index.php?board=5.0
John Bishop  8th Degree-Original Method 
Under Grandmaster Gary Forbach
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

"You watch, once I'm gone, all the snakes will start popping their heads up!"  Sijo Emperado

Offline gxnapasteve

• White Belt
  • hello everyone.
    • Chinatownshop.com
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2008, 12:19:05 AM »
is there a way to join and pay for membership online?
Steve Nefas Guangxi School Of Martial Arts Tyrrell Academy.

Offline WAJO

• White Belt
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2008, 12:45:58 AM »
Thank you for the reply Professor Bishop. How would I go about ordering a copy of your book? And do you know what the price would be including posting/shipping? Have you ever considered opening a KAJUKENBO School in South Africa? The Martial Arts community here is quite big, but limited to KARATE,KUNG FU and JUDO mostly. With our high crime rate people are always interested in learning self defence. I also work in the security industry where there is a huge need for self defence training.
M.W. Fredricks
No affliation
So. Africa

Offline John Bishop

• Senior Black Belt
  • Black Belt
  • Seek Knowledge, Not Rank
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2008, 01:53:10 AM »
Thank you for the reply Professor Bishop. How would I go about ordering a copy of your book? And do you know what the price would be including posting/shipping?

Easiest would be thru Amazon.com: 
http://www.amazon.com/Kajukenbo-Original-Mixed-Martial-Art/dp/1598726099/ref=sr_1_1_s9_rk?ie=UTF8&s=books&s9r=8a1080b612e178a201130f0af83004e0&itemPosition=1&qid=1226560645&sr=1-1

Have you ever considered opening a KAJUKENBO School in South Africa? The Martial Arts community here is quite big, but limited to KARATE,KUNG FU and JUDO mostly. With our high crime rate people are always interested in learning self defence. I also work in the security industry where there is a huge need for self defence training.

Sorry, no.  Although I'd love the hunting in S.A., I'm pretty happy living in California.  And I don't have any black belts who have any future plans on moving to South Africa.  But who knows, someday a Kajukenbo instructor may relocate there. 
John Bishop  8th Degree-Original Method 
Under Grandmaster Gary Forbach
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

"You watch, once I'm gone, all the snakes will start popping their heads up!"  Sijo Emperado

Offline WAJO

• White Belt
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2008, 07:33:43 AM »
Thank you once again Professor Bishop. Dissapointed to hear that, although I'm sure you would enjoy hunting here. I'm sure after you've been to visit our beautifull country you would reconsider opening a school here.  :)
M.W. Fredricks
No affliation
So. Africa

Offline GForbach

• Gary Forbach
  • Senior Moderator
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2008, 10:28:16 AM »
Hello Mr. Fredricks,
Welcome to the Cafe.  I noticed you were interested in Kajukenbo and that no one had mentioned to you that the Original Method of Kajukennbo DVDs are available through Prof. Bishops website.  Also, many Kajukenbo instructors a available for seminars if someone were to organize one.
Good Luck
Grandmaster Gary Forbach
Gary Forbach, 9th Degree Original Method Kajukenbo under GM Aleju Reyes and Sijo A.D. Emperado

Offline WAJO

• White Belt
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2008, 12:48:48 AM »
To Grand Master Angel Garcia and Grand Master Gary Forbach, thank you so much for the information you have thus far given me. Grand Master Garcia can you please send the information you spoke about to my e-mail address, and your english is realy not that bad! :) Could you also please forward your e-mail address to me thank you
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 07:26:29 AM by WAJO »
M.W. Fredricks
No affliation
So. Africa

Offline iron mongoose

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2009, 03:10:12 PM »
how do you get to be a member?
respectfully  I-M
tom martin
Arts: sho shu  white dragon 
Kajukenbo : Black Belt under Grandmaster Harper

that which does not kill you  ..only makes you stronger

C-Kaju Dog

« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2009, 07:44:47 PM »
how do you get to be a member?
respectfully  I-M

Brother,

Ask your teacher.

I know you mean well IM.  Students, please take note;  If you have a question about something, please ask your instructor first, whenever possible.  This is the respectful thing to do. 

If he/she does not offer you the answer, then he/she may direct you to ask on the forum or even ask for you. Most times, there is a reason why some things are not discussed on the forum and/or some are hesitant to reply.

IM,

You have asked a good question that I am sure others may want to know.  This is a great place and huge source of knowledge for all members. 

But please, use your chain of command and qualify your questions first.

Sifu Dean
C-Kaju Dog 8)

Offline Twin Fist

• White Belt
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2009, 01:20:09 AM »
What if we are not currently a Kaju student, but we still want to support Sijo by joining the KSDI? is that allowed?
John Tygart<br />KSDS Kajukembo<br />Under Sigung Burt Vickers