Author Topic: Why do I have an attitude in Kajukenbo  (Read 13881 times)

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • "Accept the things to which fate binds you"
    • Bono's Jeet Kune Do and Kajukenbo
Re: Why do I have an attitude in Kajukenbo
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2007, 11:49:49 AM »
I thought so.......so sorry

Maybe these would make you feel better
GM John E Bono DC
9th Degree Grand Master Gaylord Method Kajukenbo
Full Instructor-Hartsell's Jeet Kune Do Grappling Assoc
Chief Instructor Bono's Jeet Kune Do/Kajukenbo
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire,a dream,a vision

Offline NYKaju

• Black Belt
  • Village Pariah
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2007, 11:52:51 AM »
Nah, colors clash with my gi....come now, you know you can't mix primaries like that.
Sensei/Coach James Mayors
Ronin Martial Arts
Kajukenbo under Dan Tyrrell
BJJ under Matt Serra
Judo under Mark Staniszewski
"You don't rise to the level of your expectations, you fall to the level of your training"

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2007, 11:55:21 AM »
It has Blue in it James and I'm not a gal.....it matches to me.....
GM John E Bono DC
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire,a dream,a vision

Offline NYKaju

• Black Belt
  • Village Pariah
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2007, 12:01:23 PM »
It has Blue in it James and I'm not a gal.....it matches to me.....

What can I say...I'm a graphic artist..

http://www.lafcpug.org/color_theory.html
The Basics of Color Theory

ColorTheory, the application, is based on color theory, the discipline, which some would call a science. Color theory is a system of relationships that seem to exist between colors in the visible spectrum. Many of us know the fundamentals of color theory; there is a color wheel containing all the visible colors, there are three primary colors distributed evenly around this wheel, and all other visible colors are located somewhere between the primary colors. What many of us should but don't know is that such a system can be used to arrive at color combinations that communicate and emphasize what we want. Sometimes, it's not what you say, but how you say it. Color theory is a tool for making a statement with color, without having to "say" it.

Color theory is a deep and involved subject, but for the purposes of this article, we can condense it into a few general rules. For every primary color there is an opposite color on the color wheel that is its compliment. Going by the color wheel, the opposite of a primary color is the color our eyes generally want to see it coupled with. Beyond the primary colors, all colors correspond in a similar way to their opposites on the color wheel. Complimentary colors tend to balance each other when used together, in a similar fashion to the way that musical notes can either harmonize or conflict, resulting in either a chord or a discordant sound. Whether a color is lighter or darker generally matters less than where the hue of color sits on the wheel. Green vs. blue is a far more important decision than light green vs. dark green.

Color combinations tend to act metaphorically. Clashing, non-complimentary colors generally convey a sense of aggressiveness and sometimes, even depth, due to the inability of the mind to resolve them. Complimentary colors on the other hand, usually convey a message of stability and balance, because the mind can comfortably place the two colors together. The main point here is that it isn't a choice of which color looks nice, but which color will or will not interfere with the colors already present. Color theory is about picking color schemes that work for your message.

Although it may seem somewhat mechanical, the relationships between the colors on this wheel have a long, long history. Even though the device called the color wheel wasn't formalized until the early part of this century, painters have used the same rules in combining colors on the canvas for centuries.. Probably more influential has been the use of color in advertising. Even though you don't know a thing about color theory, years of watching television and reading books and magazines has trained your eyes to see and interpret colors in a certain way.

It used to be that you either received training in color theory and its application in graphic design or you made mistakes in color combinations until you learned what did and did not work. But there is another wrinkle that makes use of color theory principles difficult for even those with solid training. Classical color theory states that the three true primary colors are red, yellow and blue, making red's compliment green. But those of us working in the digital domain know that computer color is divided into the primaries of red, green and blue, making red's compliment cyan, a shade halfway between green and blue. When we work with a color palette in a digital application, we have to select colors based on a color wheel that shows a different complimentary relationship than the one that color theory says is accurate.

This is a difficult place to work from in the world of designing graphics. Up to the present, selecting colors for use in an application meant figuring out the color relationships using a physical color chart, then trying to match that color with one in the color palette of the application. This can be a very stressful and time-consuming operation. One would think that software designers would have developed a way around this long ago but that hasn't been on the list of innovations that developers thought necessary.
Sensei/Coach James Mayors
Ronin Martial Arts
Kajukenbo under Dan Tyrrell
BJJ under Matt Serra
Judo under Mark Staniszewski
"You don't rise to the level of your expectations, you fall to the level of your training"

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2007, 12:05:10 PM »
I'm an Italian Chiropractor
GM John E Bono DC

Vala Au

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2007, 12:55:47 AM »
Does that mean you can sublux a pizza pretty good Prof?

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2007, 02:12:59 AM »
I can whip the heck out of  pepperoni
GM John E Bono DC

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2007, 02:28:34 AM »
and No not mine
GM John E Bono DC