Author Topic: Your 3 Favorite Street-Proven Hand Techniques  (Read 3528 times)

Karazenpo

Your 3 Favorite Street-Proven Hand Techniques
« on: May 24, 2003, 07:56:44 AM »
Hey to all, I figured this would be an interesting post we could all learn from by exchanging personal street proven lead off hand techniques. Please remember, anything stated must have been used in a real confrontation or witnessed in a real confrontation and adopted. I like a straight lead, a lead hook, a 'snapping' back fist jab w/ follow up as let's say: 'the disengaging hand principle'- back fist jab into a lead hook. I think the 'spinning back fist' is a great lead off but I've never used it on the street, just in sparring. Anyone use it on the street? What say you?   ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by 1054443600 »

LOYALONEHK

Re: Your 3 Favorite Street-Proven Hand Techniques
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 05:41:20 AM »
1)  Nightmare Choke ;D

2)  Cover hands up - get inside - Upper cut to chin.

3)  Kajukenbo blitz ;)

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • "Accept the things to which fate binds you"
    • Bono's Jeet Kune Do and Kajukenbo
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 09:53:09 AM »

In a street fight the key is not to hurt your self, say for example break your hand, or make your self to vunerable, example turn your back or high kick and take a chance of falling.
     Eye poke>groin pick>knee to the face.  Lead palm to the forehead with straight right to the point of the chin.  Lead punch (vertical entry punch), staright right hand, clinch to head butt (top of your head to center mass of their face)......
GM John E Bono DC
9th Degree Grand Master Gaylord Method Kajukenbo
Full Instructor-Hartsell's Jeet Kune Do Grappling Assoc
Chief Instructor Bono's Jeet Kune Do/Kajukenbo
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire,a dream,a vision

LOYALONEHK

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 11:24:13 AM »
LOYALONEHK, WHATS A KAJUKNBO BLITZ?

Ok, I made up the term... ::)
"Violence of Action"  0-100 mph right now, dont look back just attack with the Kajukenbo animal instinct and unload on em. ;) ;D

LOL

LOYALONEHK

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 11:43:22 AM »
The good old fashioned B-slap is nice too, when done with heavy/splaching hands...  Lots of KO points on the head and neck. 

Situation dictates what level you're going to take it to on the street.  Controlling techniques / pain compliance can often deter further agression.  If we have to fight, there really are no winners. If you can control someone without taking it to the level where someone goes to the hospital, you just might get them to stop and think.  You may even aquire a new student if they see the error in their ways and begin to learn.  Holding anothers life in your hands and them realizing that you have the power to take it at will can change a mans thinking.

We should all be "Warriors of Righteousness". 

Think - "ESCALATION OF FORCE"

« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 11:46:43 AM by loyalonehk »

Vala Au

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 01:13:14 PM »
Lead hand eye poke.

Downward palm (like hitting a volleyball) to the nose, temple, or eyebrows, sometimes called preacher slap.

Cutting elbows to any of the lines of pain on the head/face.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 01:17:00 PM by Vala Au »

Offline badsifu

• restricted
  • Brown Belt
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 08:55:30 PM »
<-- Southpaw

Um, Right Jab, Left Cross, Right Forearm.

You asked for hand techniques.  Those are the ones that I have landed before.  I like the jab :)
Dan Tyrrell

Offline Moses Okamoto

• denied
  • Yellow Belt
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 09:40:43 PM »
finger jab to the eye, palm strikes and good ol "biotch slaps" to the face.
Martial Arts - The Evolving Art Form

Offline Danjo

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • Kajukenbo Forever!
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 03:14:39 PM »
I'd like to use Dillman's "No Touch Knockouts"

But, given that I don't know how to do that....Palm strikes, roundhouse elbows, and hooks to the ribs.
"Rank Without Honor is Nothing."
Dan Weston
3rd Degree Black Belt under Prof. Bishop
FMAA
Don't tell me how much you honor Sijo, if you don't respect his wishes.

souljahnyne

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 09:04:56 PM »
punch to the throat..hehe that seems to work very well. but too bad you may not get a clear shot that often. my favorite hand technique is technically not a technique, but the hand blasting adlibs done wen the opponent is down on the ground. for me there's nothing better than to see the look of fear on the guy (and his friends' face) wen i unload wat Kajukenbo does best. haha. i never ever see them of their friends again  :D