Author Topic: Best Ever at Kajukenbo Forms?  (Read 8787 times)

Offline Gints Klimanis

• Moderators
  • Black Belt
    • Gentlemen's Fighting Club
Re: Best Ever at Kajukenbo Forms?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 03:06:16 PM »
I'd say Eric Carey.  He had a youth (adult?  chuckle) black belt at age 14 when he started our class, and he's also a professional hip hop/tap/etc dance instructor.

Ok.  Now the real question, perhaps a poll.  Do you think that form that look too good have lost much of their function?  A lot of the "excessive" movement that is purged in forms is useful and natural in fighting, such as bouncing up and down, holding your breath on a punch.  Also, forms have zero velocity points in which many judge self-deceleration as good.    That is, if you used the same moves in fighting, they would go beyond the point used to stop in forms.  What do you think, if this hasn't been beat to death before ?
"We do not condone the use of a toilet seat as a deadly weapon"
Go Shin Jutsu Kenpo, 3rd Degree Black Belt Prof. Richard Lewis
Bono JKD/Kajukenbo, Prof. John Bono, San Jose, CA
Baltic Dog, Dog Brothers Martial Arts

Offline raymo76

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 04:07:42 AM »
I'd say Eric Carey.  He had a youth (adult?  chuckle) black belt at age 14 when he started our class, and he's also a professional hip hop/tap/etc dance instructor.

Ok.  Now the real question, perhaps a poll.  Do you think that form that look too good have lost much of their function?  A lot of the "excessive" movement that is purged in forms is useful and natural in fighting, such as bouncing up and down, holding your breath on a punch.  Also, forms have zero velocity points in which many judge self-deceleration as good.    That is, if you used the same moves in fighting, they would go beyond the point used to stop in forms.  What do you think, if this hasn't been beat to death before ?

I understand what you are saying my forms don't grant me tournament trophies because all I am good at is fast in your face muscle forms, not all that up on the flash.
Black Belt Under Professor Jose Limon

Offline kfarny

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 10:10:10 PM »
Are there any examples of the people mentioned here doing these forms?
Perhaps on the YouTube?
Kirk Farnsworth   3rd Degree,  East/West Method Tum Pai
East West Martial Arts, Master Doug Bertrand
Vancouver, Wa.

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • "Accept the things to which fate binds you"
    • Bono's Jeet Kune Do and Kajukenbo
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 10:22:31 PM »
Not the best by far but the goofiest
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GwA1JBnLXQA
GM John E Bono DC
9th Degree Grand Master Gaylord Method Kajukenbo
Full Instructor-Hartsell's Jeet Kune Do Grappling Assoc
Chief Instructor Bono's Jeet Kune Do/Kajukenbo
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire,a dream,a vision