Author Topic: 4x's the Christmas  (Read 2664 times)

Offline learning to live

• White Belt
  • BAM!
4x's the Christmas
« on: December 27, 2007, 12:28:38 PM »
     That's right, I said 4x's the Christmas.  Now I don't know about you all but I usually observe 2 Christmas Holiday's.  Family is kind of big.  This year, however, I attended 4 Christmas Observations.  No, it's not a typo ... four, cuatro, vier, cuatre. (Clever isn't it, 4 in 4 different languages)  Busy as usual then we threw in extended family that came in after Christmas.  I can't complain about either one though.  Food was great, we laughed and co-mingled for hours.  Most everyone slept at my house too, the water company is going to love me! 
     Now for those of you that know me from TRK in Fairfield ... you know that my garage is set up to work out in much like the dojo minus the padded floors.  Speed bag on the wall, kick and punch targets all over the place, and plenty of room to practice my dances.  No one making me do all of those "O' what a feelings" and Squat-thrusts though.  Sigung and the other instructors have that pleasure.  Here's where I get honest.  If I didn't have that space to turn off my brain and zone out to do "my thing," there's a good chance I might have used someone within arms reach.  My garage doesn't compare to the dojo though.  Our home away from home.  I'm sure I speak for alot of TRK students when I say that no matter what we have at home, the dojo has been well missed during the break. 
     Because of the kind of people I know from TRK Fairfield, I know everyone that observes Christmas would have had a wonderful one.  I do miss you all as my "other family" and cannot wait to see each one of you again.  The Klops with their stories getting me hyped for days  and years to comeBig Dave with his humble approach to the younger students.  The Mob Squad ALWAYS looking to spar and hyping us up (815 baby).  Our new black belts and seeing how they make the transition from facing the mirrors to teaching.  Sigung and his patience and wisdom.  Simoe for her laugh and infectious smile.  And the yellow belts.  It may look like I hype you up when I come to class but it's really you that gives me the energy to be me when I just worked 12 hours.  I'm getting antsy just talking about it.  I wanna go go go!  When I'm this intent on getting back to something, you know it's something good. 
     My birthday is on the 28th and I'm having a gathering at my house in Fairfield.  If you're around, please call my cell and get directions.  I would love to see ANY of you for my party.  Kid friendly party also.

From Sigung to me and all of you!  Let's get pumped up and ready to rock!

Don't Hate in 2008!

Tanner Maginnis
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 03:21:35 AM by learning to live »
Learning to live.

Tanner Maginnis
 Senior Purple Belt / Orange Sash
  Tony Ramos Kajukenbo
   Sigung David Amiccuci
    Simoe Leah Ramos
     Fairfield, Ca.
      Aw Yeah!

Offline JIM KERWIN

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
Re: 4x's the Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 10:23:04 AM »
Happy Birthday Tanner!!!!

behave yourself this weekend

Jim Kerwin
Jim Kerwin

Tony Ramos Kajukenbo
1st degree Black Belt
Fairfield Ca.
Sigung David Amiccuci's House

Offline learning to live

• White Belt
  • BAM!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 11:33:13 AM »
Thank you, Jim!
Learning to live.

Tanner Maginnis
  Tony Ramos Kajukenbo
   Sigung David Amiccuci
    Simoe Leah Ramos
     Fairfield, Ca.
      Aw Yeah!

Offline klop

• Yellow Belt
  • Stick Fighter
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 02:36:11 PM »
Happy birthday Tanner. wish we could come to your party tonight but we are out of town till the 29th.
Tom Klopstock
Student
Black Belt/Black Sash
TONY RAMOS KAJUKENBO
Professor David Amiccuci & Simoe Leah Ramos-Amiccuci
1321 Oliver Rd. Fairfield, CA 94534
707-425-1154

sonyp1

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 04:54:07 PM »
Happy Birthday from the Porquez Family.

Offline David V. Amiccuci

• Blue Belt
    • www.tonyramoskajukenbo.com
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 12:27:50 AM »
I wish you the best birthday and please eat some cake for me.

Sigung
Grand Master David V. Amiccuci
9th Deg Red/Silver Belt 9th Degree Red Silver/ Sash
Successor to GGM Ahgung Tony Ramos Kajukenbo/Ramos Method
Cacoy World Doce Pares
 8th Grade Eskrima
7th Grade Eskrido
6th Grade Pangamot
Under SGM Cacoy Canete

Offline learning to live

• White Belt
  • BAM!
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 03:31:15 PM »
Thank you for all of the birthday wishes everyone!  I had a blast.  At the high point about 25 people were in my house, friends and family alike.  The best part is most of them ended up in the garage to hit the speed bag or play with my jump rope.  Have you ever seen 2 out of shape grown men try to jump rope with a bit too much beer in their systems?  I snorted I was laughing so hard!

Thank you to Instrustors Ray and Sonny Porquez for stopping by and the awesome book!

Happy Birthday to your Son and Little/Big Dragon Instructor Arriaga too!
Learning to live.

Tanner Maginnis
  Tony Ramos Kajukenbo
   Sigung David Amiccuci
    Simoe Leah Ramos
     Fairfield, Ca.
      Aw Yeah!