Author Topic: What is it?  (Read 5879 times)

Offline iron mongoose

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
What is it?
« on: April 05, 2008, 07:19:36 AM »
what is cha-3 kempo  for some reason this name interests me and i would like to further learn about it---thank you---tom
tom martin
Arts: sho shu  white dragon 
Kajukenbo : Black Belt under Grandmaster Harper

that which does not kill you  ..only makes you stronger

Offline Kenpo_85

• Yellow Belt
Re: What is it?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 04:56:14 PM »
CHA3 was started by Professor Marino Tiwanak, who was Sijo Emperado's 2nd black belt, preceded only by Joe Emperado, Adriano's late brother. A short time after Woodrow McCandless died, Marino Tiwanak started his own school (not sure if McCandless's death had anything to do with Marino's departure, or if they just happened around the same time period), and took 5 of the top Kajukenbo students at the time, with him.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 10:26:45 AM by Kenpo_85 »

Offline Resik

• White Belt
Re: What is it?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 11:59:00 AM »
Professor Tiwanak started his school in Central Housing Area 3 (CHA 3 Kenpo).  Later he changed the CHA 3 to mean Central Hawiian Activities 3 Kenpo Brotherhood Association.  According to a video I saw of Adriano Emperado speaking, he sent Marino Tiwanak to start another school and told him to pick out a few students to go with him and help him.  The art that Emperado taught Tiwanak at the time wasn't yet called Kajukenbo, so Tiwanak named what he taught according to the location they were meeting (Central Housing Area 3 - CHA 3 Kenpo).

The history is better stated then how I could tell it at CHA3Kenpo.com.
Hank Kiser
CHA 3 Kenpo