Author Topic: KAJU HELL - Who's there are you?  (Read 12221 times)

Offline MARK GERRY

• Global Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • WORLD MARTIAL ARTS MASTERS
Re:KAJU HELL - Who's there are you?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2003, 01:27:13 PM »
Esther Yim- Instructor Bono's San Jose School got her 2 degree black,she is one of the best women black belts I have ever seen, and the best looking :o
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do

Offline Dean Goldade

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • Train hard & enjoy the ride!!!!
    • Goldade Kajukenbo Ohana
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2003, 01:31:03 PM »
Sifu Mark,
Let's continue by email. We are clogging up this thread with a bunch of personal stuff I am sure not many others care about.. Here is my email

sifudino@yahoo.com

Esther is a good girl and very tough...

Glad to hear it.

Dean...
Student of the arts
www.austinkaju.com

Offline Serene

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • It Is What It Is
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2003, 01:55:38 PM »
Gentlemen:

Leave the post unattended for a while and I see it turned into a true KAJU HELL.  :P  >:( ;)

Yes, I agree gentlemen please go and talk privately. It's great to catch up with ol'friends but we should stick to the post.

Let's contribute to the post not take away from it.  ;D

Thank you inadvance.

Soifua,
Sifu Serene Terrazas
Head Instructor
Terrazas Kajukenbo
American Canyon, Ca.

Offline Dennis Peterson

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2003, 02:41:24 PM »
Kajutexm,

"Gentlemen, This is an interesting subject I mean no disrespect but you can e mail each other privately.  I feel that you are taking away from the subject and any other post in the cafe when you start chatting on a subject post and get away from it."

Good response, I watch this forum kind of like a train wreck.  Something bad happening but you can't help but watch it.  I agree, use the email or phone if you want to chat.  Just my feelings.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2003, 02:43:08 PM by Sifu Dennis »
Peterson' Mixed Martial Arts Academy
Professor Dennis Peterson
Under Grandmaster Mitch Powell
Original Method Kajukenbo/MMA

Offline John Bishop

• Senior Black Belt
  • Black Belt
  • Seek Knowledge, Not Rank
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2003, 04:41:52 PM »
If I may make a suggestion.  We all know that the main purpose of this forum is to provide a place for  communication and discussions amonst the Kajukenbo Ohana.  

If we utilize the differant sections of this forum you can probably talk about anything and everything.  
But, it does make for better reading and discussions if a specific topic is kept specific.

In this case the topic was strayed from, unintentionally.  And it was right for some members to try and bring this thread back on topic.  
But, the side discussion is also important to some of the members.  

So my suggestions would be:
1. Post black belt promotions in the "Events and Announcements" section.  I'm sure many members, myself included, are interested in knowing about black belt promotions.  It also gives us the opportunity to extend our congratulations.
2.  Discussions like the one between Sifu Gerry and Sifu Goldade would probably be best done in the "Gaylord Method" section, since it is about a important event in their association, and should be discussed.  This would also probably attract the participation of other KAA members as well.  

What's nice about the differant sections is that you can discuss things specific to your organization, association, branch, etc., all in one forum.  And it provides all the members with information on all areas of Kajukenbo.  

John Bishop  8th Degree-Original Method 
Under Grandmaster Gary Forbach
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

"You watch, once I'm gone, all the snakes will start popping their heads up!"  Sijo Emperado

sigungjoe

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2003, 10:26:52 PM »
Kaju hell? going to a certain post and reading nothing about that post.

hehehehehe
joe

Offline MARK GERRY

• Global Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • WORLD MARTIAL ARTS MASTERS
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2003, 11:18:43 PM »
FAMILY,

KAJUKENBO HELL!!!!!!!!! >:(

IF YOU WERE AT MY HOUSE THIS WEEKEND YOU KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!

MARK
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do

Offline Brandi Ross

• Global Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • Always a student.....
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2003, 03:23:59 AM »
Here's a good one for Kaju hell... I work as an athletic trainer in the Hawaii High School system.  This past Saturday, my dojo was holding its 2nd Annual Tournament.  Needless to say, things are still being worked out, but ran better than last year.  

Well, of course we had to have Volleyball games at the high school and we were hosting.  So, I had to be at all VB games before being able to go the tournament.  I was calling another cell to see where they were.  I missed kata, weapons kata, and the demos.  Thank God for the demos or I would never have made it.  VB ran long and I left work around 1PM.  Wait, it gets better.  There is a car in front of me going 45 in a 55 with no way of passing.  Oh well, more delays.

Finally get there.  I'm tired, rushing to change and check in for the kumite.  They are already on the 12-14 age group.  Hurry, hurry, hurry.  Come to find out, there are no brown belt women.  Three dropped out!!!  So, I asked to go Black belt.  No black belt women!  I got stuck with the brown belt men.  No problem.  I'll do it.  I finish fourth and got a medal.  Here's the hell, I should have had 3rd, but I wasn't going to argue point calls.  The judges missed a couple of really good shots.  Sigung was smiling on the side and said "hey, don't worry, he missed the calls.  You did great"  All the students said the same thing from my dojo.  All were proud.

I guess the real hell was trying to finish work, drive the 12 miles, get changed, and fight all in a short time.  I did it, but was I tired by the end.  Also, we had clean up!!!

Glad that when I go to Maui, I won't be working in the morning....

Aloha,
brandi
Brandi Ross
Black Belt
Kingi's Kajukenbo
GM Rick Kingi
formerly under Sigung Alex Cadang

Offline Serene

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • It Is What It Is
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2003, 05:53:10 PM »
Greetings  All:

Well, well, well I guess we have beat Kaju Hell as much as we possibly could in one life time.  ;)

Let's try to think of something more positive now. How about KAJU HEAVEN?  ???

hmmm.......I've experienced this too.  ;D

What do you think KAJU Heaven is and who do you think is there?

And...no Sifu Mark Gerry you may not put Sibak Esther in Kaju Heavean.  :P  ;)

For me Kaju Heaven is when I learn something new about a technique that I have been doing forever. My instructor says a word and a BIG light goes on. I finally got that missing piece that I had been searching.

Now, let's shed a little love, shall we or a little Kaju love.  :) ;) ;D :D

Soifua,

Sifu Serene Terrazas
Head Instructor
Terrazas Kajukenbo
American Canyon, Ca.

Offline John Bishop

• Senior Black Belt
  • Black Belt
  • Seek Knowledge, Not Rank
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2003, 06:59:00 PM »
For me so far, Kaju-Heaven was saturday morning brown/black belt workouts in Prof. Forbach's garage, with Sijo sitting in his chair watching and advising.  The old gara-dojo in San Clemente.  People came from as far as Spain and Germany to train in that garage.  
John Bishop  8th Degree-Original Method 
Under Grandmaster Gary Forbach
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

"You watch, once I'm gone, all the snakes will start popping their heads up!"  Sijo Emperado

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • "Accept the things to which fate binds you"
    • Bono's Jeet Kune Do and Kajukenbo
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2003, 11:02:52 AM »
Mostly I'd say it's Kaju heaven or we all wouldn't be doing it for as much and long as we do.  The only Kaju hell I've seen is the arguing for no reason, usually political.  Oh yeh and let's keep Esther out of it boys and girls.  Peace ;D
GM John E Bono DC
9th Degree Grand Master Gaylord Method Kajukenbo
Full Instructor-Hartsell's Jeet Kune Do Grappling Assoc
Chief Instructor Bono's Jeet Kune Do/Kajukenbo
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire,a dream,a vision

sigungjoe

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2003, 11:43:39 AM »
kaju heaven? hmmm... saturday morning workouts with my students and grandmaster ted sotelo, then bbqing till midnight. (everything from pork ribs to london broils).
« Last Edit: October 03, 2003, 11:44:41 AM by Joseph_Solis »

Offline Serene

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • It Is What It Is
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2003, 07:26:25 PM »
I agree Sigung Bono most Kaju hell is all the back biting, stabbing and political game some choose to play.  :-\

Kaju Heaven is also when those in your art classmates/friends/instructors become your family.  :) Your relationship/training goes to that next level. It's an amazing feeling.

Soifua,

Sifu Serene Terrazas
Head Instructor
Terrazas Kajukenbo
American Canyon, Ca.

Offline Serene

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • It Is What It Is
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2003, 12:25:19 AM »
Interesting I see we had more to say about Kaju Hell than Kaju Heaven.  ::)

Why is that? Just my humble observation.  ;)

One of those things that make you go  ???.

Either people don't want to write about it? Or there are more unahappy matial artists?

As someone who is hoping to have there own school in the future I am concerned. I would be even more concerned if I had a school right now.  :-\

What do you think?

Sifu Serene Terrazas
Head Instructor
Terrazas Kajukenbo
American Canyon, Ca.

Kaj_minn

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2003, 03:48:32 PM »
Kaju Heaven is when you watch your students grow into the martial artist that you thought they would be.  When you watch them grow and progress.  

Kaju hell is when it snows or rains and you got to run in it or you got to Que in it?     ;)

Chris
« Last Edit: October 30, 2003, 03:53:40 PM by Kaj_minn »