Author Topic: PASSING OF MANNY DELA CRUZ  (Read 4438 times)

sgns1173

PASSING OF MANNY DELA CRUZ
« on: July 20, 2008, 03:54:36 PM »
Aloha,

Professor William Chow‚Äôs assistant, Manny Dela Cruz, died on June 27, 2008.  He was a friend and my sincere condolences to his family.  Manny was a very caring and humble individual.  He will be missed by a lot of us that knew him.  God Bless.

Manuel R. De La Cruz
June 27, 2008
Manuel R. "Manny" De La Cruz, 83, of Honolulu, a U.S. Army veteran and retired Henry Dang's Auto Repair mechanic, died in Kuakini Medical Center. He was born in Puunene, Maui. He is survived by sons Darrell and Derek; daughters Nancy Diones-Alana, Darlene Tanigawa and Deborah Ng; brothers Marcello "Benny", Josto "Joe" and Vicente "Vince"; sisters Gloria Lamadora and Cirila "Connie" Abear; nine grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren. Services: 7 p.m. Wednesday at Mililani Mortuary-Downtown. Call after 6 p.m. Mass: 11 a.m. Thursday at Co-Cathedral of St. Theresa. Call after 10 a.m. Burial: 1 p.m. at Hawaii State Veterans Cemetery. Casual attire. No flowers. Donations suggested to Leukemia Foundation and Lymphoma Society.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 01:08:06 AM by Gerry Scott »

Offline Gints Klimanis

• Black Belt
    • Gentlemen's Fighting Club
Re: PASSING OF MANNY DELA CRUZ
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 08:39:56 PM »
I'm sorry to read of his passing.  I only met him once at a Gathering of the Eagles Kenpo seminar in Las Vegas.  He carried the room with his inspirational teaching style.
"We do not condone the use of a toilet seat as a deadly weapon"
Go Shin Jutsu Kenpo, 3rd Degree Black Belt Prof. Richard Lewis
Bono JKD/Kajukenbo, Prof. John Bono, San Jose, CA
Baltic Dog, Dog Brothers Martial Arts