Author Topic: The Sleazyness of Cross Ranking  (Read 13091 times)

Offline Kenpo_85

• Yellow Belt
Re: The Sleazyness of Cross Ranking
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 01:52:50 PM »
6th Dan in free style kickboxing??? Is there even such a thing? ???

Anybody who has actually been through a proper martial arts training should realize when someone is giving a number of ranks and statistics beyond what is obtainable within one's lifetime... not to mention the guy above, who has enough titles that would be beyond 30 lifetimes to actually achieve.

Offline thoughtbombing

• White Belt
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2008, 01:38:11 PM »
http://www.umaaorg.com/director.html
http://www.itbf.de/index.php?id=106

Man, I can barely find the time to click on either of those links, let alone the thousands of years it would take to attain all of those rankings. I can't even grasp how someone who remotely respects their art, would promote someone above even a white belt, based upon knowledge of another art.

Oh, you're a Taekwondo black belt?

Obviously you have a totally devastating ground game then, so why not just cross promote you in Judo and Kung Fu for good measure.

?

Raphael Drees
Unaffiliated
New London, CT

frank w.

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 02:37:14 PM »
Hey, Doctor John, how did you find this guy? To me, it looks like he made up some of those arts! He could be like someone we know who basically buys or tricks his way to ranks in different styles. I almost barely deserve my rank destowed upon me by Great Grandmaster Gaylord! Ugh! Frank

Offline John Bishop

• Senior Black Belt
  • Black Belt
  • Seek Knowledge, Not Rank
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 03:12:58 PM »
Hey, Doctor John, how did you find this guy? To me, it looks like he made up some of those arts! He could be like someone we know who basically buys or tricks his way to ranks in different styles. I almost barely deserve my rank destowed upon me by Great Grandmaster Gaylord! Ugh! Frank

Somehow he found me.  Most likely off the internet.  Same way all of these Halls of Fame locate nominees. 
Since he's not charging money, I don't know what his motivation is.  He may be selling lower ranks, and want's to use high ranking people's names to lend some type of credibility to his organizations. 
Although his name is everywhere on the net, I can't find a website that appears to be his.  If I do locate one for him, he better not have my name listed as any type of board member, member, or affiliate.  I may not be able to sue him in German court, but I can make quite a bit of noise on the various MA forums.   
John Bishop  8th Degree-Original Method 
Under Grandmaster Gary Forbach
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

"You watch, once I'm gone, all the snakes will start popping their heads up!"  Sijo Emperado

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • "Accept the things to which fate binds you"
    • Bono's Jeet Kune Do and Kajukenbo
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 03:34:32 PM »
I think he must have been alive 500 yrs to come up with all that rank....
GM John E Bono DC
9th Degree Grand Master Gaylord Method Kajukenbo
Full Instructor-Hartsell's Jeet Kune Do Grappling Assoc
Chief Instructor Bono's Jeet Kune Do/Kajukenbo
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire,a dream,a vision

Offline ghostman

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 05:27:01 PM »
I put in 8 years to get to 1st Degree Black Belt and I would have it no other way!!! And since I have made two attempts to correct my profile, I hope my signature line appears with this post! Bless all those who keep it pure!
Lou Ivie
2nd Black Belt
KSDI of North Texas
Sigung Jesse Escobedo
Heart of Texas Kajukenbo

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • "Accept the things to which fate binds you"
    • Bono's Jeet Kune Do and Kajukenbo
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 06:59:39 PM »
you got it!!
GM John E Bono DC
9th Degree Grand Master Gaylord Method Kajukenbo
Full Instructor-Hartsell's Jeet Kune Do Grappling Assoc
Chief Instructor Bono's Jeet Kune Do/Kajukenbo
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire,a dream,a vision

Offline GM ALAN M. REYES

• SGMReyes
  • Senior Moderator
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2008, 06:11:35 AM »
A lot of talk about something that shouldn't be be.. kaju's know when they step on the mat, or have stepped on the mat. That begins the lesson of life,of respect,of knowledge. The lineage starts and stop with respect,for their fellow students, instructors,chief instructor,master instructor, gm, and ggm of their own school, because they "past and present" have witness the training of such.
Kaju's have respect for the "old school" mentality because of the countless of fellow students throughout the years that have seen just that,,,HISTORY, within their school or other known schools that have been around awhile. That's where the trust should be, true there has been renagades in the past. Are you going to take something you did not earn, did you step on the mat,and earned the respect given or is it just a piece of paper that means nothing, were you there watching the countless students within our style, go for their belt, brutal as it may be...but in the end EARNED,,,that is the essence of Kajukenbo, and those are the true soldiers within our art...if you are one, then the respect is given galdly. But if you are one with a piece of paper but without the knowledge to back it... that is truely sad.

GMAlanReyes, 55 years within the Kajukenbo history, and still trying to make the up and coming proud of it, love it or leave it...
SGM Alan M. Reyes
SrGrandMaster KSDI(2014)
GrandMaster KSDI(1999)
9th DegreeRed/SilverBelt KSDI(1986)
60Yrs.ContinuousTraining KSDI/ReyesKenpoKarate(2014)
FirstGenerationStudent/Successor-GGM Aleju C. Reyes-RKK CA(1959)
FirstGenerationStudent-GGM Sijo Adriano D. Emperado-Palama Settlement Hi(1954)

Offline curry

• Yellow Belt
  • mitakuye oyisan
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 11:23:34 AM »
respect,tradition and perspiration are what i remember as my first i remember learning at reyes kenpo. hello gm reyes, much repect, phil curry
phil curry
reyes kenpo student on sabatical

Offline grand master hemenes

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • grand master hemenes
    • hemeneskajukenbo.com
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 12:27:49 AM »
hello prof. reyes havent seen you in a while i sure miss the old days i just lost my dad the last week he use to like going to all your karate ternaments that you threw. hope to talk to you one day.

prof. hemenes
GRAND MASTER HEMENES
GREAT GRAND MASTER GAYLORD
KOA MEMBER............

Offline DRPeel

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009, 09:18:37 PM »
Ok I have only been a memeber of Kajukenbo Cafe for a little while now and came across this post.  OMG!  This is too funny.  I can not even believe that someone could even name half of those organizations from memory let alone keep them straight with lineages of each and every one.

Here's what I think.

We have a man up here in Boise Idaho who claims to know 8 different styles and holds high ranks in each of those styles.  He even claims he won some kind of world title in some style of kickboxing 5 times in a row.  So apparently he has some kind of mastery of skills.  However, here's the catch.  When he made these claims he was only 28.  He's from another country of which I don't trust his background or his ethics.  He even claims Christianity to get through the doors of churches to put on displays.  Long story short, he's a con artist and he's out to get your dollar and claim status.

He even gave us names of all the organizations of which he said he belonged to. 

My wife and I personally contacted these organizations and the two responses we received from them were either, "we know who he is and want nothing to do with him" or "we don't know him nor is he a member".  He actually claimed all of this on his flyer but couldn't back up an ounce of it being true.  He even went as far as cutting newspaper articles from India (his native country) of a martial arts tournament and claimed it was him and the article was about him.  We again researched and found it also to be a lie.

I have only recently obtained my black belt in Kajukenbo and it has taken me 6 years.  A little longer than I wanted because of obstacles, like work, but I have never quit training. 

So where in the world did this man get all of these?  Well that would be obvious in my opinion.  He's a con artist!

Sleazy is definitely one I agree with!

Just my two cents.... 
Dave Peel
2nd Degree Black Belt
GM Florentino Paz - Gaylord's Method
Sifu Joe peel - Gaylord's Method
Member of K.A.A. Gaylord's Method

Offline Brandi Ross

• Global Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • Always a student.....
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2009, 12:06:18 PM »
DRPeel:

News: ATTENTION NEW AND OLD MEMBERS:  If your member name is a "nick name", WE REQUIRE that you please put your true name and affiliation in the "signature" section of your profile, so it appears at the bottom of your posts. 
Brandi Ross
Black Belt
Kingi's Kajukenbo
GM Rick Kingi
formerly under Sigung Alex Cadang

Offline concordkajukenbo

• White Belt
  • Davina: Concord School of Karate
    • Concord Dojo
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 06:24:23 PM »
http://www.umaaorg.com/director.html
http://www.itbf.de/index.php?id=106

Man, I can barely find the time to click on either of those links, let alone the thousands of years it would take to attain all of those rankings. I can't even grasp how someone who remotely respects their art, would promote someone above even a white belt, based upon knowledge of another art.

Oh, you're a Taekwondo black belt?

Obviously you have a totally devastating ground game then, so why not just cross promote you in Judo and Kung Fu for good measure.

?

I thought there were only jokes like SNL skits ...but these guys really exist!!??  I clicked on the linke and WOW  be afraid...be very very afraid!
Davina: In Faithful Service

Concord School of Karate
established 1966 by Professor James Nordlie
Now under the Direction of Professor James Williams my most favorite Martial Arts Man in the entire Universe!!!