Author Topic: A Kajukenbo McDojo...  (Read 15174 times)

Offline Claudio

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Empty your mind
Re: A Kajukenbo McDojo...
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2008, 06:36:38 PM »
Speak your mind Steve B, your a black belt and your opinion is valued

As far as the PMA framework is concerned.... it is McDojo-ish but great for marketing.

But...
The best way to judge a school or Instructor is to go to the school (if its near by) and train. The proof is on the mat.
Prof. Claude "Claudio" Lawson III
Ronin Kombat Systems / American Kajukembo Assoc

Kajukembo/Kajukenbo(GM Davis)/ Brazilian Jiujitsu/Kick Boxing/ Practical Weapons/ JKD

Offline ghostman

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2008, 07:44:47 PM »
I, also, have had experience up close & personal with Pretend Martial Arts. Went to their instructor classes to try to stay with My Sigung. The only people who will benefit from what I witnessed is United Professionals, the marketing entity behind Premier!!! I will allow noone to dis my Sigung at that school, as he has produced some of the best fighters I have seen. But, rest assured that he has lowered his profits by joining that entity. Plus, watch their videos: (as long as you can stand it)!!! McDojos are a rip and that remains, as does this discussion, a fact! Those students are no longer gettin the Kaju quality, but the Premier curriculum. Been on that mat!!!
Lou Ivie
2nd Black Belt
KSDI of North Texas
Sigung Jesse Escobedo
Heart of Texas Kajukenbo

Offline Claudio

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Empty your mind
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2008, 03:12:01 PM »
OK now I'm curious, what is this curriculum?  In my mind you take what you have (Kajukembo) and then the Instructor adds what he deems is relevant material for his students ie boxing/kickboxing jiujitsu muay thai whatever..... so that they can fight if need be, because as we all know you can't bring a knife to a gun fight

Somebody tell me either here or send me a personal mesg. Because I know some one dear to me who runs this program along with others, and I know the  Instructor very well,  He Can Fight I don't mean patty cake, or point or any of that crap I mean he can fight and I know and have been witness to that being passed on. Am I missing something?

I had to think on how to word this? ???

Kajukembo/Kajukenbo(GM Davis)/ Brazilian Jiujitsu/Kick Boxing/ Practical Weapons/ JKD

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • "Accept the things to which fate binds you"
    • Bono's Jeet Kune Do and Kajukenbo
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2008, 03:14:51 PM »
http://www.pmaschools.com/index.cfm?page=16
http://www.linerkenpo.com/videoclips.htm  clips of sparring...tourny type but not really Kaju on this one
http://www.linerkenpo.com/afterschool.htm  kids stuff
http://www.pmaelkgrove.com/index.cfm?page=4  teacher
http://www.pmaelkgrove.com/index.cfm?page=7  sort of a jack of all trades school....

it seems to be big business on the premier....any type of Instructor ...I would guess they are all different....and the same
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 03:30:39 PM by KajuJKDFighter »
GM John E Bono DC
9th Degree Grand Master Gaylord Method Kajukenbo
Full Instructor-Hartsell's Jeet Kune Do Grappling Assoc
Chief Instructor Bono's Jeet Kune Do/Kajukenbo
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire,a dream,a vision

Offline ghostman

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2008, 05:38:26 PM »
There are Curriculum DVD's, promoted & sold by any place who teaches the stuff being discussed in this thread!!!!!! So, What curriculum??? Front offices of those places. And, I did Not say the instructor I was speaking of was anything less than one of the very best!!! But, the curriculum is there. I did not recall seeing but 8 or 9 of us at the instructor school we attended. Half of us are no longer there, after what we experienced. And the prices are there, too!!! My last word, as I agree completely with  KajuJKDFighter!! 
Lou Ivie
2nd Black Belt
KSDI of North Texas
Sigung Jesse Escobedo
Heart of Texas Kajukenbo

Offline Claudio

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Empty your mind
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2008, 08:35:31 PM »
All right Lou, before I get pissed...... are the (!!!) behind what your saying at me or just you trying to make a statement??? I'm only asking because I have absolutely zero experience with this curriculum/  What i have learned about Muay thai, Jiujitsu, boxing  I leaarned from going to different schools and banging it out.  So are you talking to me or at me?

Offline ghostman

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2008, 09:21:22 PM »
The question was what curriculum, so I answered the question! The emphasis more statement of fact. The DVD curriculum was pointed out to us as the sure way to win favor. Do you keep missing my reverence for that instructor, or what? Went overboard to be a part of that school & my heartbreak over it seems to mean nothing! In order to get Kaju teaching, I now drive 6 hours round trip & am thankful to keep training in it. I never trashed anyone's loyalty, or entroached on anything! And, by the way, I would've stayed except for one statement made to me: "Kajukembo is dead in my school". So, as far as the topic goes, I agree with KajuJKDFighter     
Lou Ivie
2nd Black Belt
KSDI of North Texas
Sigung Jesse Escobedo
Heart of Texas Kajukenbo

Offline Claudio

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Empty your mind
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2008, 10:03:36 PM »
I dont miss much to be honest with you. I saw you did not bash the instructor, I dont have a problem with any of that.   Just keep training. I'm not mad at you in any way. I'm asking questions about PMA because it's not part of my everyday. 3 weeks after getting my black belt, I was in Turkey some of my students were from different services They don't want flash they want to bang so that is where my mind set comes from.  Muay thai, Boxing/Kickboxing, ground fighting whatever. The base of what I teach is from the original Method "thank you GM Davis".  I don't use the "n" because that is not what I came up with.

I know little about your heartbreak/break up.  Over the years I've become a let's take it to the Mat or street kind of person if I miss understood you... my bad.

(I want to know what this statement was that was said to you)send me an email.  or don't.  anyway Wait.... I just caught what you said  I just sent you a personal mesg. check it  and reply please

I watched the videos posted by Professor Bono... Muay thai , krav Maga blah blah blah.... I've trained in all those systems at one time or another.. They have sound principals... is it the money and contracts along with the presentation???? Do you have to switch 100% to there curriculum or add it to what you each. So far the schools I have searched on teach it separate of there original style.  Some schools have turned into fight schools/MMA schools.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 10:14:58 PM by claudio »

Offline krieger

• White Belt
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2008, 05:57:31 AM »
Interesting enough I was looking at their website earlier.  I thought it looked a little hoaky.  lol

The previous school I attended turned out to be a mcdojo after the head instructor fired one of the sifu's, saying that he wasn't teaching enough.  Even though he taught the kids, teens, and adult classes most of the times.  That school lost a lot of students because of that.   :-X

There needs to be some sort of official certification to own a martial arts school so we don't have these mcdojos.
Andrew Weaver
Northern Kajukenpo Tum Pai
Gold Belt