Author Topic: Kajukenbo Shooters  (Read 20410 times)

Offline GM ALAN M. REYES

• SGMReyes
  • Senior Moderator
  • Blue Belt
Re: Kajukenbo Shooters
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2009, 07:45:54 PM »
I for one like to shoot, and the idea of kaju shoot seems like a great idea! well I'm in Vacaville, any scheduling in the near future for any types, send me an email.  If you're a land owner, hunting is correct to me. Just keep me in mind, for anything that comes out of a barrel, or flings an arrow..KAJU's with so many interests OUTSTANDING!!!!sorry I didn't read these sooner!!!!
GM Reyes
SGM Alan M. Reyes
SrGrandMaster KSDI(2014)
GrandMaster KSDI(1999)
9th DegreeRed/SilverBelt KSDI(1986)
60Yrs.ContinuousTraining KSDI/ReyesKenpoKarate(2014)
FirstGenerationStudent/Successor-GGM Aleju C. Reyes-RKK CA(1959)
FirstGenerationStudent-GGM Sijo Adriano D. Emperado-Palama Settlement Hi(1954)

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • "Accept the things to which fate binds you"
    • Bono's Jeet Kune Do and Kajukenbo
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2009, 10:37:32 PM »
GT
GM John E Bono DC
9th Degree Grand Master Gaylord Method Kajukenbo
Full Instructor-Hartsell's Jeet Kune Do Grappling Assoc
Chief Instructor Bono's Jeet Kune Do/Kajukenbo
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire,a dream,a vision

Offline empty minded

• White Belt
  • Timing is everything
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2009, 01:10:07 PM »
Even though I didn't learn shooting at Kajukenbo, I had the chance to shoot every day, with free, unlimited ammo when I was younger..  The first 6 months were with a .22 Ruger pistol and the next 3 months were with a S&W 19 with a 4" barrel.  I hated cleaning the Ruger.

After that, almost all my handgun shooting for the next 3 years were with a Browning Hi-Power.  Later, I had access to a S&W m36 with a 2" barre; walther PPK, walther P-38 and of all things, a remington new army .44 single action which I felt made a better club than a shooter.  Mostly though I shot the hi-power.  The P-38..grows on you.. that is all I can say.  No love lost between me and the PPK.

During the second year, I started with a .22 rifle, then learned to shoot a Remingtom M700 (.308) and eventually a scoped Lee-Enfield and a simi-auto only- slightly modified scoped M-14.  We shot Lake City Arsenal rounds that were not made for the Olympics but were good enough.

Finally, the last year, I spent time with a shorty pump shotgun and a short double barrel 12.  To be honest, I never demonstrated any talent with a shotgun, and so I would only shoot them with 00 buckshot at standing targets. Sigh

We had a nice range set up at a sorta abandoned Nike base, outdoor for the long guns and downstairs for the handguns, in the middle of nowhere Texas. 

The world changes and my benefactors left.  A developer build a sub-division around the old missle base.  In all the years since, I have only had to draw a weapon once in self-defense.  2 men in a pick-up truck took exception to my driving when I was coming home from the range in Albuquerque and forced me into a blind alley
and blocked my car with their pick-up truck.  When they pulled 2 baseball bats from the back of their truck, I showed them my Winchester 94 and they politely got back in the truck and left. 

Still, I am thankful to have such an opportunity to learn.   In a way, it changes you.         

Kim Brokaw...former student
                  green belt,
                  under GB Bautista

KimWeslia Brokaw
green belt
KSDI of Vallejo

Offline Rich Cruz

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
  • Because of it’s emptiness, the cup is usefull
    • Kajukenbo in Washington, DC
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2009, 12:13:56 AM »
It's good to see so much interest in firearms and shooting from the Kaju Family.  I figured I would throw it out that I would be willing to provide some firearms training to those Kaju family members out there who are interested in:

Firearms Safety!
Disassembly/Assembly
Care and Cleaning
Maintenance
Basic Fundamentals: stances, shooting positions, grip - pistol and rifle - (to include stock-weld and eye relief), sight alignment, sight picture, breathing control, trigger squeeze, follow through and rapid/tactical reloads.
Cover and Concealment
Advance Principals: precision shooting, optics theory/set up, point shooting, barricade shooting, shooting and moving, transitioning, stress courses, immediate actions, etc.   

Some of my experience includes:
-1997 to present USAF Combat Arms Instructor, currently active reserve.
-2000 to present US Border Patrol, Firearms/Protective Services/Close Quarters Combat (CQC) - Instructor, Tactical Team (SRT) operator 6 years, 4 years full time SRT Senior Operator, Training Officer for the tactical team 2 years, Barrett  M107 .50 BMG certified operator and Barrett Certified Armorer.

The last 2 years I have been providing advanced instruction and oversight for CBP Office of Field Operations Special Response Teams (SRT) Basic Selection Courses; teaching advanced firearms, defensive tactics (Kaju inspired ;-), vehicle/bus assaults, CQC, patrolling, immediate actions, urban scouting, basic and advance first aid/trauma, IV Therapy, Mobile Field Force/Riot Control and Tactical Decision Making.

I would always be willing to provide some instruction in various areas/levels of firearms proficiency to legitimate Kajukenbo Ohana.  Obviously it would have to be coordinated through a school or regional area with resources to conduct training.  The point is, I would not be doing it for compensation, all I would require is: my availability due to work and assistance in me getting to you and a place to crash; it would just be another way to contribute to the Kaju Family in their ongoing quest for knowledge and ability, and I love to teach..

Respectfully,

Rich  Cruz
Rich Cruz
Sifu 5th Degree under GM Woody Sims
Cruz's Kajukenbo "Street" Self Defense LLC.
Olympus Gym/Sport Judo Academy
Alexandria, VA.

When written in Chinese, the word crisis is composed of two characters. One represents danger, and the other represents opportunity

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • "Accept the things to which fate binds you"
    • Bono's Jeet Kune Do and Kajukenbo
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2009, 12:45:47 PM »
very cool....
GM John E Bono DC
9th Degree Grand Master Gaylord Method Kajukenbo
Full Instructor-Hartsell's Jeet Kune Do Grappling Assoc
Chief Instructor Bono's Jeet Kune Do/Kajukenbo
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire,a dream,a vision

Offline RUFF

• White Belt
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2009, 11:33:19 PM »
Professor
      I have been taken my students tactial shooting for a few years now. I learned some of what we do from Professor Anderson up in Ferndale WA he is a great contact for ideas. I myself no longer live in Cali. as I now live the rain belt of Oregon. But my brother has large ranch access just out side of Stockton. He loves shooting and Kaju people. I try to keep my training from 0-6 meters we use cars, stair cases, walls and anything else when we shoot. In Kaju we have many Cops as you know so if Stockton is to far maybe one of them could hook you up.

Peace

Kirk
ruffmartialarts@yahoo.com