Author Topic: Tony Ramos Kajukenbo / Ramos Method Headquarters Brown Black Belt Promo 2009  (Read 8096 times)

Offline David V. Amiccuci

• Blue Belt
    • www.tonyramoskajukenbo.com
I would like to sincerely express congratulations to the students who passed there promotion yesterday at RamosTony Ramos Kajukenbo / Method Headquarters Fairfield CA. I would like to thank all in attendance especially, Simoe Connie Ramos. The new Black Belts exspressed how hard she hit when she christened them. Thanks Simoe Connie.

Brown Belt Promotions                                             
David Amiccuci
Daniel Acuestra
Branden Bellumini
Madison Bowers
Trevor Davis
Hope Driscoll
Adrianna Driscoll
Brandon Dixon
Daniel Gomez
Caleb Trathen
Matthew Mendoza
Shane Porquez

Brown Sash Promotions
Jacob Less
Jason Less

Black Belt Promotions
Corey Zazrivy     Student Black Belt/Sash
Kyle Hansen       Student Black Belt/Sash
Ed Bermudez      Student Black Belt/Sash

Black Belt Degree Promotions
Inst. James Kerwin  1st deg. Black Belt
Instructor Sony Porquez   1st deg. Black Belt/Sash
Instructor Joel Aylworth   1st deg. Black Belt/Sash
Sihing Jayson Jones          3rd deg. Black Belt

Certified Tony Ramos Kajukenbo / Ramos Method Instructors                       

Sigung David V. Amiccuci        Sihing Jayson Jones                 Inst.Joel Aylworth             
Simoe Leah Ramos-Amiccuci    Inst. Raymond Porquez           Inst. James Kerwin 
Sifu Conrad Ramos                     Inst. Daniel Arriaga                 Inst. Marty Silvino
Sibak Joe Terrado                       Inst. Sony Porquez

New S.W.A.T Team Members
Tom Klopstock
Melissa Klopstock
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 08:34:14 PM by David Amiccuci »
Grand Master David V. Amiccuci
9th Deg Red/Silver Belt 9th Degree Red Silver/ Sash
Successor to GGM Ahgung Tony Ramos Kajukenbo/Ramos Method
Cacoy World Doce Pares
 8th Grade Eskrima
7th Grade Eskrido
6th Grade Pangamot
Under SGM Cacoy Canete

Offline learning to live

• White Belt
  • BAM!
CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!  I miss not being there to help and cheer on but when you're TRK, you don't need it, you just have it!  Good luck to all students continuing their education and to the Dojo for hosting another successful event.

Sincerely,

CHEEZ-IT!!!
Learning to live.

Tanner Maginnis
 Senior Purple Belt / Orange Sash
  Tony Ramos Kajukenbo
   Sigung David Amiccuci
    Simoe Leah Ramos
     Fairfield, Ca.
      Aw Yeah!

Offline mklop

• Yellow Belt
  • Stick fighters rule
Sigung,
It is an honor to be apart of the TRK family.

Thank you very much for letting us be a part of Ahgungs Legacy. We hope to always bring Honor to the family.

PS. Congrats to all who went up. It was amazing to see how much everyone has grown in the last year. Special Congrats to our 3 newest Black Belts. Looking forward to having you help out in our class.
Melissa Klopstock
Brown Belt/Green Sash
~TONY RAMOS KAJUKENBO~
Sigung David Amiccuci & Simoe Leah Ramos-Amiccuci
1321 Oliver Rd. Fairfield, CA 94534
707-425-1154
Sifu Conrad Ramos
Lihue, Hawaii

Offline klop

• Yellow Belt
  • Stick Fighter
What a week end: I saw three good friends EARN the rank of TRK student black belt. several hard working juniors EARN the rank of brown belt and two great kids earn the rank of brown sash.

CONGARTS to ALL. it was a great day.

P.S. SIMOE CONNIE Still can punch (just ask the three new blackbelts)
Tom Klopstock
Student
Black Belt/Black Sash
TONY RAMOS KAJUKENBO
Professor David Amiccuci & Simoe Leah Ramos-Amiccuci
707-425-1154

Offline Ed

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
  • Cone in on this!
  I was honored this weekend by being able to go up for my black belt.  Great big THANK YOU to all the helpers!  Without all you guys and girls there, this would have been one rough weekend for everyone going up. You kids that went up for brown belt and brown sash, great big props goes out to all of you!  I know exactly what each and everyone of you went through during pre-test in order to perform this weekend.  Mr. Zazrivy (23), Mr. Hansen (24),  it was an honor to be able to go up with you guys!   Now the real learning begins....  Simoe Leah, mad props to you for setting everything up and getting everything ready.  To all the black belts that had words for me, I was honored you took time out for the words of encouragement.  Congratulations to Instructor Kerwin for getting his 1st Degree, Instructor Porquez for getting her 1st Degree Black Belt/Sash, Instructor Aylworth for getting his 1st Degree Black Belt/Sash, and Sihing Jones for getting his 3rd Degree Black Belt.  Yes, it is true, Simoe Connie can still HIT!!!!  I was honored to have her help welcome me to the TRK Black Belts!!!!  Last but not least, I have a great big heartfelt THANK YOU to Sigung David Amiccuci. Without him, TRK would not be where it is today!  Sigung, without your instruction and dedication to Ahgung's legacy, I would probably still be searching for MY teacher.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
                                                        Ed
P.S.   Big thank you to my sponsors!  You know who you are ;D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 12:52:56 AM by Ed »
Still trying my best..
Ed Bermudez
Student Black Belt/Sash
Tony Ramos Kajukenbo
Under Senior Professor David Amiccuci
Lineage: Sijo - Ahgung Tony Ramos - Senior Professor David Amiccuci - Ed
Ramos Method

Offline DKF1

• Blue Belt
    • Concord School of Karate
Congratulations to all of you!!
David Fraga
Black Belt - Concord School of Karate
Williams Kajukenbo
Gaylord's Method

Offline Danjo

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • Kajukenbo Forever!
Big Congrats to all that were promoted!
"Rank Without Honor is Nothing."
Dan Weston
3rd Degree Black Belt under Prof. Bishop
FMAA
Don't tell me how much you honor Sijo, if you don't respect his wishes.

Offline Patrick Campbell

• Sifu
  • BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • Train the way you fight!
Congratulations to all who were promoted.

Pat
Patrick "Kaponookalani" Campbell, Ph.D.
KAJUKENBO - Professor Kai Li - ETS / HKA
Kenpo - SGM Rick Alemany 
DZR Jujitsu - ETS / AJI
BJJ - ETS / USFBJJ / Master Joe Moreira
Combat Sambo - ETS / GCA / GM Alan New 
JKD / Kun Tao - ETS / IMB / G. Savelli
Royal Hawaiian Lua - ETS PA / Olohe Eli

Offline dhansen

• Yellow Belt
  • Proud Father and Son
Congratulations!!!! To All the new TRK Brown Belts, Brown Sashs, New Student Black Belts and Black Belts that promoted for degrees and Instructorship this past weekend! You All, make TRK Proud! And I am proud to have the privilege of sharing the mat with you!
Congratulations, also to Tom and Melissa for getting your SWAT patch!
TRK forever!!!

A special note to Mr. Hansen, #24, I am so proud of you, Son!!!
Dwayne Hansen
Senior Brown Belt/Green Sash
Tony Ramos Kajukenbo, Fairfield CA
Master Instructor - Senior Professor David Amiccuci
Honor, Loyalty, Family, Bravery

Offline Jason1981

• White Belt
Just wondering, why does Kaju use both belts AND sashes? Is this something only the Ramos Method does, or is it commone in all Kaju methods?
Jason Weatherholt

No Kajukenbo affiliation, yet.

Offline sifutimg

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • Iron sharpens iron-so another man sharpens another
My teacher used sashes as well.  Tum Pai folks were sashes I know.  I think for him it's just a matter of preference.  In our group when someone gets promoted to student black belt it's at that time they get a kenpo style belt along with a satin sash.  The belt is worn for training and the sash is worn at formal events like sitting on a board at a belt test or some other formal event.  Also sashes are worn when doing forms at tournaments and belts are worn when fighting in tournaments.  It's just how things have gone since I was a Kaj wee one.

Cheers,
Tim
Grandmaster Tim Gagnier
Student of Great Grandmaster Charles Gaylord & Grandmaster Sid Lopez
Chief Instructor Pacific Wind Kajukenbo
Student Forever
Yamhill, Oregon

Offline Jason1981

• White Belt
The belt is worn for training and the sash is worn at formal events like sitting on a board at a belt test or some other formal event.  Also sashes are worn when doing forms at tournaments and belts are worn when fighting in tournaments. 

That's interesting. Makes sense, too. Might as well look your best while competing in forms, and the sashes look better than belts --well, to me, at least.  ;D

Plus it could be fun to mess with someone if they ask about rank: 

"So what rank did you say you were again?"

"Brown sash"

"I thought you said 'brown belt' before"

"I did"

"So you're a brown belt?"

"I just said I was a 'brown sash'"

"....But....but you said you're a brown belt....?"

"Yeah"

"................."

:D
Jason Weatherholt

No Kajukenbo affiliation, yet.

Offline devildog

• White Belt
Congratulations to you all!  I read the list and I wish I was there to see all of you promote.  Keep up the good work.

Semper Fidelis,

Chris
1stLt. Chris Tamayo USMC
"No better friend, no worse enemy"- Gen. Mattis
Green Belt/Green Sash
TONY RAMOS KAJUKENBO
Sigung David Amiccuci & Simoe Leah Ramos-Amiccuci
707-425-1154

Offline Ed

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
  • Cone in on this!
Chris, thank you from the bottom of my heart!  I also wish you were there but am also glad to know that you are out there keeping US safe.  TRK all the way!!!!

Ed
Still trying my best..
Ed Bermudez
Student Black Belt/Sash
Tony Ramos Kajukenbo
Under Senior Professor David Amiccuci
Lineage: Sijo - Ahgung Tony Ramos - Senior Professor David Amiccuci - Ed
Ramos Method

Offline David V. Amiccuci

• Blue Belt
    • www.tonyramoskajukenbo.com
Jason,

. An answer to your question about does all Kajukenbo schools do one thing or the other i.e. belts or sashes I learned something year’s ago. That is not to assume that one school although they may be Kajukenbo may not do the same as all Kajukenbo schools. Kajukenbo is Eclectic (Assorted, Free, and Diverse). Again I can speak for my school and the Tony Ramos Kajukenbo Schools/ Ramos Method.

There are several schools that teach the closest thing to what was taught at Palama Traditional (Long-Established, Time-Honored, Fixed) As a matter of fact if a prospective student wants traditional Kajukenbo I direct them to my Kajukenbo brothers who instruct it.

Ahgung Tony Ramos and I wanted to make a change in our uniforms in the Ramos Method. The change came because for years we had competitors that would compete in Gung Fu rings and the judges would be Chinese Masters. When we would compete in a kenpo ring we wear a kenpo uniform. To wear Japanese uniforms didn’t seem right or respectful when competing in a Gung fu ring, and visa versa for a kenpo division.

Some schools use belts some use sashes some half belts or belts with a stripe down the middle. Through out the past 47 years in Fairfield alone there have been many changes in the belts and rank structure. There were changes made years ago in the use of titles some schools use them as ranks when you reach a certain rank you automatically receive a title. We chose the use of the Chinese martial arts teaching family. Here are some examples Sifu – Father, Sibak- Eldest Uncle, Sihing- Eldest Brother.

I hope this helps
Grand Master David V. Amiccuci
9th Deg Red/Silver Belt 9th Degree Red Silver/ Sash
Successor to GGM Ahgung Tony Ramos Kajukenbo/Ramos Method
Cacoy World Doce Pares
 8th Grade Eskrima
7th Grade Eskrido
6th Grade Pangamot
Under SGM Cacoy Canete