Author Topic: Passing of Sijo Adriano D. Emperado  (Read 43971 times)

Offline internlchi

• White Belt
Re: Passing of Sijo Adriano D. Emperado
« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2009, 03:02:21 PM »
My Sincerest and most humble apologies for the loss of an amazing man.  Sijo will be missed and remembered by all of us, his name will be passed on throughout time.  To the Emperado Family, what no words can describe may the replies of us here and our caring thoughts be of some solace to you, and know that Sijo has gone home and is watching over you with love.  May he rest in peace, we will all see him again.

In the past 6 or 7 years that i have met and been with Sijo and his martial family, they have held a special place in my heart. For the kind people that they are they have made a lasting inpression in me and the way i see things, I wan to thank you all for the time we have had, the times we told story and just hangin out.  I will see you all again soon.  May God be with you and protect you.

in Spirit,
Adam Yasso
Sigung Adam Yasso 6th Dan
Kempo
Chuan Fa
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Offline williamross77

• White Belt
  • 2nd Degree BB
    • shreveport martial arts
« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2009, 05:02:58 PM »
Our heart is heavy, Respect to all in Sijo's light and thankfulness for the time and effort he gave to us all.
from Shreveport Louisiana.
William Ross
instructor Five Elements Kajukenbo
Humbly...

Offline 1kumite

• White Belt
  • Our Blessings to Sijo now as always!
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2009, 05:10:59 PM »
I am very sad to hear of the terrible loss the Kajukenbo is going thru with the passing of Sijo Emperado & Brother Abad.  I have nothing but great memories of these two great men as well as their families.  My love & respect to all in the Kajukenbo Ohana.

I am typing this from my hospital bed as I just had major surgery on Monday, but I had to express my feelings with my hands, not someone else typing them for me. I will not be attending any services due to this surgery so please accept my apoligies in advance.

Love, Respect, and Sadness to both great Men and their families.
Professor Joshua St.Ives
Joshua St.Ives
Grandmaster Yen Ch'ing Tao
Professor Limalama

Offline ESKAJUDOR

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
  • SIFU ARNIE ROMERO
    • www.arnieskajukenbo.50megs.com
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2009, 05:47:25 PM »
O God our Father,
Creator of all the living, we entrust to Your gentle care all those we love who have gone before us;
and have gone to their rest in the hope of rising again.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
Rest in peace  Sijo and god bless the Emperado Famliy                                                      Sifu Arnie Romero
SIFU ARNIE ROMERO 3- Degree Black Belt
ARNIE"S KAJUKENBO & ESKAJUDOR FIGHT GEAR INC. BRENTWOOD CA.
NCHQKSDI Affiliate Ramos Lineage Always be loyal never bite the hand that gave you Black Belt and don't ask to when will I be promoted untill you can defend your self out in streets of h*ll  .

Offline Anthony Rosales

• White Belt
« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2009, 08:14:32 PM »
The Rosales Kajukenbo family wishes to send our condolences and deepest sympathy on the passing of our founder, Sijo Emperado.  We hope that the Kajukenbo family will draw closer together in this very sad time.

Offline Sifu Valdehermoso

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
  • hello, my name is jose Luis (valdehermoso)
    • http://a-valdehermosokajukenbo0.spaces.live.com/default.aspx
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2009, 09:38:12 PM »
Descanse en paz SIJO , DIOS le tenga en su gloria.

SIJO, GOD rests peacefully has to him in their glory

Spain is united to the pain all the Great Family of the KAJUKENBO .
I am valdehermoso, 4º degree
old student of G.M. Angel Garcia.
now student of SIGUN Manuel
Villaseñor.

Offline V. F. Mateo

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • That little extra in ordinary = extraordinary
« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2009, 05:05:09 PM »
From the City and State of Seattle, Washington.....we give thanks and praise to the most influential man of Kajukenbo/Kenpo. May God be with us all to help us grow even stronger than before. It was his request! Sijo has trained my teachers, and their teachers....what an accomplishment from a tiny Island in the Pacific to become a world wide family of Kajukenbo practitioners.

Lord hear our prayer for Sijo will forever live on!!!!!

Frank Mateo
V. Frank Mateo-8th degree; GM Gerry Scott
CHA 3 Kenpo Karate; retired Co-Founder Frank Suan
5th Degree KAA; GGM Charles Gaylord-Professor Brian Yoshii & Professor Brian Baxter
Ali'i Warriors Fight Club-Muay Thai (Promoter, Match Maker, Trainer, and Coach)

Offline Stan Kristovich

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Stan Kristovich
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2009, 12:58:42 AM »
I offer my condolences, thoughts and prayers for the family and friends of Sijo Emperado.  He truly influenced the martial arts and few leave behind such a wonderful legacy; one that continues to grow and positively influence others.  To make such a difference in the lives of others is one of the greatest goods one can achieve.

Sincerely,
Stan Kristovich
Aloha,
Stan Kristovich
(a Black Belt instructor [and currently on extended sabattical] in North Las Vegas, Nevada
Formerly of Stevenson Kenpo-Karate, Mililani, HI

Offline san-man

• Yellow Belt
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2009, 12:24:00 PM »
My condolences to Sijo's family and to those that were closest to him. 

With Love,
The Sanchez family
Carlos Sanchez
Abilene Kajukembo
student of Prof. James Cox

Offline Jess

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2009, 01:46:51 PM »
We at the Tum Pai Branch would like to express our sympathy at the passing of Sijo. Know that our prayers go out to his family, and to all those who were close to him. It is a tragic loss, not only for Kajukenbo, but for martial artists everywhere. He touched so many lives, and changed many more. He was not only one of the premier martial artists of our day, but a great individual as well. His guidance will surely be missed, by all, and especially me.

I will always cherish the summer he lived with me. Often times he would just sit and watch me, later he would offer suggestions and make corrections. I took those to heart, and greatly appreciated his help and time.

In recent times, Kajukenbo has lost several senior members, and now we lose the man responsible for the formation of such a great art, which in turn has produced so many fine caliber martial artists.

Again, our deepest sympathies.

With much respect,

‘E ko’u hoaloha a hui hou

Professor Jay Burkey and the members of Tum Pai
Sifu Lauren Jessup,

Northern Tum Pai Tai Chi Ch'uan
Under GM Jay Burkey

Offline sspringer

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2009, 03:10:03 PM »
RIP Sijo Emperado. You are a legend, innovator, creator and mentor in the martial arts. Kajukenbo has set the foundation to many achievements in my life. You will be missed but never forgotten. My deepest condolences to the Emperado family.

V/R

Sibak Sean Springer
Honolulu, HI

Offline Craig L

• White Belt
« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2009, 09:36:59 PM »
Rest In Peace Sijo. Thank you for all you have contributed both to the martial arts and to each of us in our daily lives. You will forever remain with us in prayer and through our practice of the Kajukenbo system.
Craig Logue.
Kajukenbo student from Port Angeles , Washington .
Black Belt 1st Degree
Instructor : Sensei Douglas W. Wilson
School :Matsu Kodou Ryu Kempo Karate

Offline sotydor

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
  • Black Belt
« Reply #117 on: June 12, 2009, 01:37:42 AM »
 I am saddened to hear that Sijo has passed away. I loved this man deeply and have learned many of lifes lessons from him. I had nothing to offer him, but he offered me much. To this end he has passed the torch to myself and many others, like Sifu Greg Harper, like Professor Vince Black. I cried knowing that I had lost a true friend, wanting him back. But I stand strong today knowing that his art lives in each of us that he taught. Not one piece is diminished by his passing. In fact, if one was to ask Sijo, " What do we do now ? " I know what he would say. " What? Brudder, I left you all kine of my people all over da world. What more do you need. You want. You give. You see me everywhere. Through this fist style one gains long life and hapiness. We should all follow in his Spirit. Live long, teach strong, love as much as you can. Noi, gonna miss you brah, but your Spirit is going to live on a long time. Mahalo.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 05:21:30 PM by sotydor »
Sifu Donald Roelle, San Francisco KSDI

Offline Sifu Sin Bin

• Holy Cow, I am a
  • Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • YOU SUCK, TRAIN HARDER
    • check it out
« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2009, 09:55:21 AM »
Sijo outlived all of the other founders of our Art. .

Two other founders are still alive, Joe Holke, and Frank Ordonez.
Professor Rob Peladeau
8th Degree - KSDI #672
Loyal Student and lifelong friend of
Grand Master Emil Bautista
NorCal Headquarters of K.S.D.I. Ambassador

sonyp1

« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2009, 12:46:08 PM »
Our deepest condolences.

Porquez Family
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 01:44:39 PM by Sony Porquez »