Author Topic: Passing of Sijo Adriano D. Emperado  (Read 43972 times)

Offline foukaoka

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
  • Sijo & Sifu William Pyatt and son
Re: Passing of Sijo Adriano D. Emperado
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2009, 09:24:49 PM »
On behalf of the Kajukenbo Families of Puerto Rico we recognize the significance of this great Martial Artist and Man...Sijo Adriano Directo Emperado. He will continue to live in all Kajukenboist troughout the world and especially those of the Island of Puerto Rico where Sijo Emperado will always live in our hearts. This is a great loss for everyone in Kajukenbo worldwide. May he rest in peace and his dream for Kajukenbo come true through his students.
William (Willie Pai) Pyatt
5th Dan
G.M. Luis "Cherry" Ortega
Kajukenbo Kosho Ryu Kenpo
Advance Defense System

Offline lairkenpo

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
  • Hanshi P.J.Hary in green, me in black
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2009, 10:42:20 PM »
I don't have the words to express my sadness.

Sijo Emperado, and the art he helped create, touched so many lives in so many profound ways. Maybe from where he is now, he can look down and see how great far-reaching the effects aof his art have been : how many lives were changed through his art, and how many lives were directed on a better path from his influence.

I, for one, know that without this art, I would be in prison, or long ago dead.

May God truly bless and keep you, Sijo. May your family and friends find comfort in one another at this sad time.

My brothers and sisters in Kajukenbo: Stay united and don't let the passing of Sijo fragment our art as has happened in so many at the passing of their leaders. We are OHANA...family! Make Sijo proud, and continue to support one another as we have in the past. Keep the dignity and pride alive in our art, the art Sijo left for us! Make him proud!

Kajukenbo Forever! Emperado Forever!

Sifu Robert Windle
Robert L. Windle, Sifu (Retired)
6th Degree Black Belt, Kajukenbo / Hawaiian Kenpo
KSDI #5069
The Lair Dojo

Offline Prof. Yoshii

• Senior Black Belt
  • White Belt
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2009, 11:04:30 PM »
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Emperado family (immediate and extended).  May we all be comforted by the grace and peace of the one who calls us each home.  Sijo Emperado will be missed.  We thank you Sijo for bringing KAJUKENBO to all of our lives!!  Because of you, we can all proclaim "KAJUKENBO Forever"!!

With Love and Respect,

Professor Brian Yoshii
KAA - Gaylord Method         
Prof. Brian Yoshii
KAA - Gaylord Method
8th Degree Black Belt

Offline mushin

• White Belt
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2009, 09:34:50 AM »
One of the best has gone on, my condolences to friends and family of Sijo.
He left a high mark, hard to think of anyone else being able to step over it.

His organization will last, and so will his name... God Bless.
Harley Quinn
EGMAA
CA

Offline CorderMMA

• Senior Black Belt
  • White Belt
    • Kajukenbo Arizona
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2009, 10:05:49 AM »
Kajukenbo Arizona Ohana sends our prayers and love to the families and the many lives that were touched by Sijo and Grand Master Abad. It hurts to know they are now gone from us. We know they are in a better place, we know that we should be joyous, we know that the practice of Kajukenbo is for the living, may we practice in their memories.
-Jennifer & Kelly Corder
Kajukenbo Arizona
-Sigung Kelly Corder & Sr Sifu Jennifer Corder
Kajukenbo Arizona: Live Clean. Fight Dirty

sigung@kajuaz.com sifu@kajuaz.com

under Grandmaster George Lim < the late Grandmaster Allen Abad < Sijo Emperado
also under John Hackleman of the PIT MMA < Walter Godin

Offline Burt Vickers

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
  • 8th Degree Blackbelt Kajukembo- "Peralta Method"
    • My Kajukembo Web Site
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2009, 10:07:46 AM »
Our founder Sijo Emperado has gone home – but his memories will be carried out through the generations of Black belts within our System.  God Bless Sijo Emperado, I know he will be looking down on all of us with a smile.  Our Condolences to the Emperado family.
Sigung Burt Vickers -  Kajukembo Self Defense Systems
Respect and Honor is a character trait all should share.
Sijo A. D. Emperado
SGM Aleju Reyes
GM Richard L. Peralta

http://www.kajukembousa.com/

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff123/burtvickers/

handsofstone23

« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2009, 02:33:20 PM »
What words can I really say. The last time I saw Sijo was in Maui. It was only for a short time during the luau, but I went up to him and he smiled, seemed so happy that I had come so far (N.Y.) to see him. I of course was that REALLY  happy one; always happy to see him. I REMEMER the first time I ever saw him in 2003...SCARED TO DEATH!!! lol!!! LOVE YOU SIJO!!! I WILL DO MY BEST TO KEEP THE ART THRIVING AND KEEP YOUR SPIRIT ALIVE!!!! ALOHA... :'(

Offline GM Shangko

• White Belt
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2009, 02:47:38 PM »
Your Legacy is my Dream
Rest in Peace Sijo
Love and Aloha to the Emperado Oahana
Grandmaster Lennie Siangco/Shangkou Fighting System/Pulahan Derobio Eskrima

Offline Raymundo Trejo

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
  • I'm a llama!
    • http://groups.msn.com/KAJUKENBOTAMAULIPAS
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2009, 04:17:49 PM »
Los que elegimos el camino del Kajukenbo como una filosofía de vida, rica en valores humanos y culturales que sólo los grandes como él son capaces de crear, tanto estudiantes de hoy y de futuras generaciones estaremos eternamente agradecidos. La Ohana de la Kajukenbo Self  Defense Academy Mexico se une al sentimiento de dolor por ésta gran pérdida que embarga a toda la Ohana del Kajukenbo en el mundo, que Dios nuestro Señor lo tenga en su gloria.¡Descanse en paz nuestro amado Sijo!

Offline Isaguirre

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
    • kick411.com
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2009, 06:21:29 PM »
Thank you Sijo, for inspiring all of us and providing a means to better ourselves.
You are a true legend… 
My condolences to the Emperado family and the Kajukenbo ohana.

Sifu Ronnie Isaguirre
Isaguirre's Martial Arts

Sifu Ronnie F. Isaguirre
5th Degree Black Belt
Under Shi-Zu Allen A. Abad

Offline KajuKel

• Yellow Belt
  • You get out of it what you put into it.
    • Delta Kajukenbo
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2009, 08:46:40 PM »
My deepest condolences to Sijo's family - immediate and extended.

I never had the honored privilege of meeting Sijo - but through his tremendous knowledge, generous ways and gifted talents he has obviously touched so many - myself included.  I have the greatest admiration for Sijo and all those who keep the flame alive. 

Thank you Sijo and God bless.

Kellen Houk
Under GM Frank Wohler
Delta Kajukenbo - Gaylord's Method
Tracy, CA
www.deltakajukenbo.com
www.facebook.com/deltakajukenbo

Offline Professor Drexel D Heard, Sr

• Senior Black Belt
  • White Belt
Passing of Sijo Adriano D. Emperado
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2009, 09:07:21 PM »
Our humble and most gracious condolences go out to a great man, Sijo Adriano Emperado.  The founder of our beloved Kajukenbo Self Defense System/Institute, Sijo Emperado’s life provided unwaveringly leadership, creativity and limitless energies towards developing and shaping the lives of a myriad students, families and nations of people around the globe.  Living and dying as an unselfish man, professional, and leader, Sijo Emperado’s legacy and collective energies stand firm in our Spirit, Mind and Body.  For those reasons, we are united and unwaveringly determined to move forward as proud members of KSDI, “Never to forget the love, hardwork and sacrifices of a great man, leader and founder.”   Sijo Emperado’s love of life and of our Kajukenbo Self Defense Institute will continue to live on through the hearts and souls of a myriad of students, families and nations of people throughout eternity. 

Professor Drexel D. Heard, Sr.

Offline MVPMatt

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2009, 09:30:43 PM »
Amen, Professor Drexel.

I can only say how thankful I am of the Gift Sijo gave to us.  Now it's our turn to give back in Sijo's honor in creating his legacy and ensuring that it will go on forever.  Time to ask ourselves, "How do we live up to and build on that legacy?"

When I share this Gift, this Art, I pass on the gift and further Sijo's legacy.  Thank God for Sijo, for Kajukenbo and for our Ohana.

Peace.
Sifu Matthew Porter
3rd Degree Black Belt
Under Professor Rodney Alo
Athens, TX

Offline SiGung mark smith

• White Belt
« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2009, 10:34:09 AM »
Our thoughts and prayers go to GM DeChi and all of Sijo's family. The world was a better place with Sijo in it.

With much love,

Sifu Mark and Lynne Smith
Sibak Sean Smith
SiGung mark smith student of the late GM Griffin now under GM rick kingi

Offline CROW

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2009, 12:16:50 PM »
Our deepest condolences to All Kajukenbo Ohana who are morning the passing of Sijo Emperado and G.M. Abad. I to am sad that they have left us, but I'm happy that they no longer suffer anymore! Now Sijo can watch over his children effortlessly! Thank You Sijo for giving us such a wonderful gift! Kajukenbo MUST UNITE  NOW, more than ever before! Ohana!

Are Prayers are with you....

Kajukenbo Idaho, Under direction of G.M. Tino Paz, Proudly representing G.G.M. Gaylord and the K.A.A.
Sifu Josh Crow
4th Degree under G.M. Tino Paz - Gaylord Method

www.crowsmma.com