Author Topic: Which martial arts style would best compliment / work well with Kajukenbo?  (Read 14332 times)

souljahnyne

I'd add "Nike-do"...art of running like hell.  ;D 

haha...parkour/freerunning. i do that. parkour to freerunning is like kung fu to wushu..1 is a dicipline, the other is an art.

parkour is very effective wen chasing after or running away from things. i had my share of both. i've yet to b good enough to freerun tho :D

Offline Kentucky

• White Belt
Re: Which martial arts style would best compliment / work well with Kajukenbo?
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2009, 06:09:53 PM »
In my humble opinion, which art would complement Kajukenbo would be dependent on the personality and abilities of the person. Myself, I studied western boxing  and   having been in many altercations in my younger years, when I began my studies in Kenpo jujitsu( our lineage is from Marino Tiwanak), I found the rough and tumble attitude of attack the attacker  fit my style and personality to a tee. I love the in their face techniques with the rapid fire forearm blows, punches, ridge hands, throws and joint locks. I love the get it on and get it over with attitudes. But, also I learned from my study, that much of the need and urge to fight is an effect of ones own arrogance and even self questioning. Now, even though you could say in a colloquial way that I am Badder than I have ever been, I am easier to disagree with than ever before. That confidence of not having to fight, is the greatest benefit I have received from the study of a martial art. I explain it to my friends like this, I buy car insurance, hoping never to have a wreck and I study the martial arts hoping to never have a fight, but in either circumstance I am prepared.
Barry Finley

Offline Dean Goldade

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • Train hard & enjoy the ride!!!!
    • Goldade Kajukenbo Ohana
Re: Which martial arts style would best compliment / work well with Kajukenbo?
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2010, 02:44:49 PM »
Unless you are looking for another reason to train than "fighting and being effective"... Look inside the KA, JU, Ken, Bo,.............. Find what works for you, and take it from there... But a similar question to your teacher might be  the best answer.. Start at YOUR source and take it from there...

Good luck on the journey..

Dean.
Student of the arts
www.austinkaju.com