Author Topic: Kajukenbo's Future  (Read 57201 times)

Offline Ron Baker

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
Re: Kajukenbo's Future
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2010, 04:45:19 PM »
Suggestion:

Address any legal issues as pertaining to Kajukenbo trademarks, logos, etc.

Sigung (Shihan) Ron Baker
Kajukenbo 5280 MMA Foundation
Under GM Jason Groff
Ordonez Kajukenbo Ohana

Offline Aloha Aina

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Sifu Renato Bernardino
    • Kajukenbo Portugal
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2010, 08:50:14 AM »
Aloha,
I can see two main sides in all discussions that regard the FUTURE issue: 1st - no need change, let our work has Kajukenboists decide who(and what) will stand and who will not; 2nd - Need to change, make minimum standarts and make organizational messures concerning the Kajukenbo as a Martial Art and Kajukenbo as an organization. (these are a general discription of my understanding...WADR)...I can see truth and reasons in both sides...

Well, I believe this can represent the majority of all people in Kajukenbo; 2 main sides I mean. My idea is to start with something that can be firstly easy to join an then move forward gently in other things. It can even sound different of what we're used to...With WADR the Union term is something that allways make some confusion (in my humble opinion).
How this could be usefull? Well...I think it could work as a start point but mainly all the persons who join could feel imparciality, support, good image to rely on and good content, data base with all masters, students, honorary associates...trademarks why not...but mainly something legal I think, worldwide and legal...afterwards all steps would be done with a going with flow and reality wise sense...
Don't talk about technique, standart curriculum, etc....that could be adresses later if people could join in simple causes first...This is not biz this is feellin the breeze...the breeze of the world says that everything should be more organized in order to be successfull...as a whole offcourse...everyone of you could have your local success that ultimatly can be considered Kajukenbo success...but I think that this should be something for Kajukenbo...IF PEOPLE JOIN THAT WOULD BE THE BEST STEP OF ALL...young, elder, low rank, high rank...Only 2 things for starting...what is the statement for the organization and who could join (people recognised by it's pairs as Kaju offcourse)...
Well this offcourse should be a non profit organization with fees for it's support in order to work. If any one could make some efforts to get the oppinion of at least 80% of Kajukenbo leaders about a plan that would be great...for that we need a database of contacts...

Mahalo

P.S.: Talk about rules and something that was supposed to be...if it isn't written we have to be confident that people will feel the spirit that made the rule, sentence or idea...even when it's in plain papper it can be interpreted differently...when the spirit of the rule/statement/idea is also written only a headstrong with no ears nor eyes can say other wise... WADR
Sifu Renato Bernardino

Under GM Angel Garcia
Kajukenbo Portugal
www.kajukenbo.pt

Offline Patrick Campbell

• Sifu
  • BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • Train the way you fight!
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2010, 03:30:57 PM »
I don't agree that there are two sides: those who want change and those who don't. Rather I believe that everyone views change as a constaent factor in life. The question is how can we as an extended Ohana come to terms with certain issues. What are these issues and how can we as a whole manage them as individuals and organizations evolve through training and teaching?

Change is inevitable. Change is a constant whether we acknowledge it or not. As I always maintain we are our own "change masters" and we effect change everyday. We must maintain healthy dialogue with each other and eventually reduce things to their lowest common denominator and agree on the main issues that effect that denominator. If this can be achieved then maybe we can work towards a majority concensus.

Until we identify and acknowledge and agree on what this lowest common denominator is and what the real issues are we will spin our wheels in place and we will never move forward as a WHOLE BODY, MIND, and SPIRIT.  

If this dilemma persists then I am afraid we will gradually dissolve into a bunch of disjointed organizations - each one defining its own reality.

Pat
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 03:32:58 PM by Patrick61 »
Patrick "Kaponookalani" Campbell, Ph.D.
KAJUKENBO - Professor Kai Li - ETS / HKA
Kenpo - SGM Rick Alemany 
DZR Jujitsu - ETS / AJI
BJJ - ETS / USFBJJ / Master Joe Moreira
Combat Sambo - ETS / GCA / GM Alan New 
JKD / Kun Tao - ETS / IMB / G. Savelli
Royal Hawaiian Lua - ETS PA / Olohe Eli

Offline Ron Baker

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2010, 04:40:28 PM »
Change is inevitable. Change is a constant whether we acknowledge it or not. As I always maintain we are our own "change masters" and we effect change everyday. We must maintain healthy dialogue with each other and eventually reduce things to their lowest common denominator and agree on the main issues that effect that denominator. If this can be achieved then maybe we can work towards a majority concensus.

And it's in that spirit that I believe an elected governing body will be beneficial:

• Limited governing.
  • Specified issues for which they are responsible
  • Term limits
  • Members must be either operating a school(s), teaching regularly or training regularly

I agree that change is inevitable.  And one of the first things that we can change is how Kajukenbo is known and represented.  My good brother Patrick61 can attest:  Kajukenbo is not well known or understood in the Southeast, East Coast, Midwest, Northeast -- pretty much everywhere outside of the Bay Area and the West Coast.  A governing body whose responsibility consists of innovations to grow the art, while the rest of us hone our crafts, is a must.  

Just another thought.

Under GM Jason Groff
Ordonez Kajukenbo Ohana

Offline Ron Baker

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2010, 05:03:11 PM »
Sifu,
That sounds very cool. I would be very interested in reading it.
Please send it to me, if you would.
Kirk, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll get it right to you. 
Under GM Jason Groff
Ordonez Kajukenbo Ohana

Offline Aloha Aina

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Sifu Renato Bernardino
    • Kajukenbo Portugal
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2010, 05:40:15 PM »
I don't agree that there are two sides: those who want change and those who don't. Rather I believe that everyone views change as a constaent factor in life. The question is how can we as an extended Ohana come to terms with certain issues. What are these issues and how can we as a whole manage them as individuals and organizations evolve through training and teaching?

Until we identify and acknowledge and agree on what this lowest common denominator is and what the real issues are we will spin our wheels in place and we will never move forward as a WHOLE BODY, MIND, and SPIRIT.  

If this dilemma persists then I am afraid we will gradually dissolve into a bunch of disjointed organizations - each one defining its own reality.

Pat
I agree... and my vision of these two supposed sides it's not a narrow one...it's just a general outcome of I think are the main ideas...with several small issues offcourse.
lowest common denominator: LET'S WORK ON THAT...

Sifu Renato Bernardino

Under GM Angel Garcia
Kajukenbo Portugal
www.kajukenbo.pt

Offline Aloha Aina

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Sifu Renato Bernardino
    • Kajukenbo Portugal
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2010, 06:55:13 PM »
I'll start...with an easy one: We're Kajukenbo and we are practitioners of this finest art...
This could be done firstly to Kajukenbo practitioners with no difference on rank at least for now...
As I said, make a statement we 'all' could cope with...I could think on one and post it and all of you could do the same...and then try to improve it and say what you agree or don't...
EXAMPLE:
The 'X' organization is a permanent worldwide non profit organization with a legal status founded in DDMMYY with the aim to Improve Kajukenbo as a whole. It's goals are as follow:
a) Give credit to it's members as Kajukenbo practitioners with full rights;
b) Represent them in the public administration and public entities troughout the World wereas concerns Kajukenbo;
c) Make a database off all Kajukenbo practitioners and keep it updated;
d) Make studies about improvement of Kajukenbo and make them go trough the revision and insight of BOA and similar accepted and recognised organizations in order to give them to the Kajukenbo community filtered and approvable by universal suffrage of 'X' members;
e)....

Please note...this organisation has to have a democratic way of working that can be found in many examples...but it can slowly incorporate tradicional entities like the high ranked opinion be relvant to aprove or reject some issues...and everything can be worked out if issues are treated in a consise way...

Try to make your own ideas an put in something like this and we can try to make a document and see how it goes... ;)

WADR
Mahalo
Sifu Renato Bernardino

Under GM Angel Garcia
Kajukenbo Portugal
www.kajukenbo.pt

Offline MVPMatt

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2010, 08:31:10 PM »
Perhaps I missed something.....

....can someone clarify what the holy heck "WADR" is?????

Beg pardon for my ignorance, thanks.
Sifu Matthew Porter
3rd Degree Black Belt
Under Professor Rodney Alo
Athens, TX

Offline Danjo

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • Kajukenbo Forever!
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2010, 08:42:16 PM »
"Wide and deadly raccoon" or "with all due respect"
"Rank Without Honor is Nothing."
Dan Weston
3rd Degree Black Belt under Prof. Bishop
FMAA
Don't tell me how much you honor Sijo, if you don't respect his wishes.

Offline onephatboydave

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2010, 08:45:51 PM »
Come on Mat get with it OMG!  LOL..
David Garcia    Student Blackbelt/Black Sash
Tony Ramos Kajukenbo
Under Grand Master David V. Amiccuci
Honor, Bravery, Loyalty,Family

Offline MVPMatt

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2010, 09:20:21 PM »
Sounds more like ROTFLMAO!!!

;D
Sifu Matthew Porter
3rd Degree Black Belt
Under Professor Rodney Alo
Athens, TX

Offline kfarny

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2010, 12:38:33 AM »
WADR = With All Due Respect

......YW
Kirk Farnsworth   3rd Degree,  East/West Method Tum Pai
East West Martial Arts, Master Doug Bertrand
Vancouver, Wa.

Offline Seronio_Kajukenbo

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
  • Seronio - Ramos Ohana
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2010, 06:12:43 PM »
AMEN GM POWELL!!!!!
Sigung Bobby J. Seronio Jr.
Seronio Kajukenbo
145 Valle Vista Ave. Ste I
Vallejo California
Seronio/Ramos Lineage
www.seroniomartialarts.com

Offline Ron Baker

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2010, 12:07:49 PM »
Posted for public notice at the United States Patent & Trademark Office:

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=doc&state=4002:7molbd.2.1

I'm definitely not advising ANYTHING one way or another. That said, there is a time period and a certain manner in which to oppose a trademark application. Or one can also not oppose.

In case the link isn't active anymore, just go to:

www.uspto.gov

Under the Trademark column, select "Search marks";
    then select "Word and/or Design Mark Search (Free Form)";
    then type the word "kajukenbo" in the Search Term box;
    then click "Submit Query";
    then click on "Kajukenbo K.S.D.I. Emperado Method".

If you want more information or want to know the current status of the application, just click the "TARR Status" button right above the Kaju crest.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 12:37:15 PM by backfist »
Under GM Jason Groff
Ordonez Kajukenbo Ohana

Offline Aloha Aina

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Sifu Renato Bernardino
    • Kajukenbo Portugal
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2010, 03:46:15 PM »