Author Topic: SD Techniques: Specifics  (Read 5757 times)

Offline CJ_Melanson

• White Belt
SD Techniques: Specifics
« on: May 05, 2003, 06:51:18 AM »
Good day to you!

As a middle-aged beginner with a young family, the time that I have to train is limited. I have been trying to supplement my class time with videos and lunch hour training. I have broken down some videos by Prof. Forbach into my own style of notes that I use to work on the basic movements and sequences of the SD Techniques. I understand that this is no substitute for quality class time and that I may sometimes cheat the techniques, but I feel this can give me a basis to refine when I can make class. I have been trying to locate a video by Prof. Forbach, it was the fourth, I think, in a series of videos, and this one demonstrated the Club Counter Techniques. It seems this video is no longer in circulation and my MA Video Store cannot locate it. Thoughts?

I have been to many Kajukenbo Web Sites and I have not found any detailed information on Kata and Techniques. Is it considered taboo for people to post specific details?

Thank-you for your time,

Chris
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by 1054443600 »

Offline John Bishop

• Senior Black Belt
  • Black Belt
  • Seek Knowledge, Not Rank
Re: SD Techniques: Specifics
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 07:37:10 AM »
Panther Productions was bought by Century Martial Arts Supply.  They do not list the "Kajukenbo Series" on their website.  You can contact them here:
http://www2.centuryfitness.com/site.nsf/ContactUs?OpenForm&ma
and see if the tapes are still availiable.
John Bishop  8th Degree-Original Method 
Under Grandmaster Gary Forbach
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

"You watch, once I'm gone, all the snakes will start popping their heads up!"  Sijo Emperado

Offline rookie

• White Belt
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 03:07:56 PM »
Hello.  I am new to kajukenbo and was at the warriors of the arts seminar on saturday.  I was just thinking the same thing that CJ-Melanson was thinking when he said that you cannot find a lot of detailed info and many techniques and forms.  I found one site with a few techniques in video and that is http://kajukenbo.info/ .  At the seminar they taught a few of the alphabet techniques and the forms and I had trouble remebering them and could not write them down.  I know that it may be a bit of a hassle to record all of these techniques on the web but perhaps it would be worth a try.   I read elswhere on this site that many practitioners are also in favor of learning these techniques and it would be great to have as a resource to students as well.
There can be only ONE! - Highlander

Jon Pack

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2003, 07:03:34 AM »
Just a note on Century/Panther videos. They are not offering many of the videos once listed. To get them to (go to the vault and make copies) requires that the individual buy a set of at least 10 of each video. Just to clarify thats 10 copies of the same video... not very realistic. I know I have been in the same situation having many of a series and wanting to get the ones I still need. One option is to check out Goldstar Marital Arts Video Rental, they heve most titles one might be looking for. I have not used them but plan on getting the missing tapes there.
If anyone has feedback on this service it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Jon Pack