Author Topic: The Original Method, aka Kenpo Karate  (Read 44165 times)

Offline leenaples

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
Re: The Original Method, aka Kenpo Karate
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2005, 07:49:41 AM »
The last time I was at Professor Bautista's, Professor Joe Davis had all the alphabits available and was teaching Professor Bautista's Black Belts them. He had them on a CD.

Sifu Napoleon Flores (Muggs)
Naples, Italy

Offline Steve

• Blue Belt
  • Peace and Love
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2006, 02:38:31 PM »
Aloha

I have a question about the original method....

I saw a lot of versions of the punch ,grabs,clubs and knifes in the original method

The core is there....U could see the basics of the techniques but with some variations
    Does we have a lot of method of the Emperado method....I mean different follow up to each counters...
    thats logical anybody have the same body...

But I saw the club and knifes counters in dVd from the Ramos method ....its completely different from the Reyes method but the core is there.....

Thats go with the kajukenbo principle ....Entry(stop the attack),follow up ,takedown,finish (groundwork)

If its work is Kajukenbo

Does its why we said Emperado method?

Steve Malette
Kajukenbo /chuan fa  Honor to GM Gelinas,Sifu Baralis.Sifu  Fajardo
Ng Ga kuen Kung fu(GM Ark Yueh Wong system) under Sifu Seming Ma
Kuntao Silat De Thouars Honor to Guru Tuan Randall Goodwin
Who s Who

Offline Bautista's

• teaching since 1966
  • Senior Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • you show me-I show you
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2006, 06:09:37 PM »
It is called different flavors from the different teachers but still called KAJUKENBO.
Emil
Emil Bautista
Kajukenbo black belt (1966)

Offline Steve

• Blue Belt
  • Peace and Love
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2006, 01:44:24 PM »

GM Bautista

Does the club&knife in the DVD are the original ramos method ? I mean like teaching by GM Ramos

I very like the techniques...thank to U for doing this DVD.

Steve Malette
Kajukenbo /chuan fa  Honor to GM Gelinas,Sifu Baralis.Sifu  Fajardo
Ng Ga kuen Kung fu(GM Ark Yueh Wong system) under Sifu Seming Ma
Kuntao Silat De Thouars Honor to Guru Tuan Randall Goodwin
Who s Who

Offline GForbach

• Gary Forbach
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2006, 12:20:07 PM »
Dear Tim (Black~Feather),
I just read your post and would like to welcome you to the Cafe!  Isn't it great?  This is the best thing to happen to KAJUKENBO since its creation.  An open forum where we can all talk, share, learn and debate the history as well as the future of our art.
Sijo Emperado is very happy that the Cafe allows the entire KAJUKENBO family to come together in one location answering questions, announcing events and educating "all of us" on his art.
I'm happy that you like th DVD's and hope they will help you preserve the foundation of KAJUKENBO as Sijo wants it to be.
If I can help you or answer any of your questions regarding the DVD's or their purpose, please feel free to contact me.
Keep up the good work...
GM Gary Forbach
Gary Forbach, 9th Degree Original Method Kajukenbo under GM Aleju Reyes and Sijo A.D. Emperado

Offline Sifu Marco Diaz Jr.

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
  • TKO
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2008, 04:37:36 PM »
Aloha Sir,
I wanted to write this in honor and on behalf of my branch. I see others have there lineage posted and I respectfully wanted to ask if we can be recognized for our contribution. Joe Halbuna was our Senior GM and he had a tremendous impact on the art. He has a strong legacy including coming up with the clover we all wear. He was an original student from Hawaii and has countless instructors under him that are very active today. Some notable men are GM Mashmire as well as my teacher GM Max Togisala. I started kaju in 1977 at the age of 5 and was like one of the kids were lucky enough to get my training from not only my teacher but his teacher Halbuna. I came up through the 80's trying to be like them. Halbuna and Max were like my fathers and I put my tail on the line to impress them. I watch as others move up in rank. Those who play the politcs in todays game. I have trained for 30 years and my students and experiences are all I have. I wish my guy Joe were still here to make sure we are recognized. I ask you with great humility to consider giving us a voice. This sight is how we kajukenbo ohana stay informed and in touch. I am greatful and I wake up every day to represent our club with honor. Thank you sir for your consideration.

Sigung Marco Diaz Jr.
5th degree black belt.
Under 9th degree G/M Max Togisala
training since 1977.

Offline Danjo

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • Kajukenbo Forever!
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2008, 02:48:09 AM »
Aloha Sir,
I wanted to write this in honor and on behalf of my branch. I see others have there lineage posted and I respectfully wanted to ask if we can be recognized for our contribution. Joe Halbuna was our Senior GM and he had a tremendous impact on the art. He has a strong legacy including coming up with the clover we all wear. He was an original student from Hawaii and has countless instructors under him that are very active today. Some notable men are GM Mashmire as well as my teacher GM Max Togisala. I started kaju in 1977 at the age of 5 and was like one of the kids were lucky enough to get my training from not only my teacher but his teacher Halbuna. I came up through the 80's trying to be like them. Halbuna and Max were like my fathers and I put my tail on the line to impress them. I watch as others move up in rank. Those who play the politcs in todays game. I have trained for 30 years and my students and experiences are all I have. I wish my guy Joe were still here to make sure we are recognized. I ask you with great humility to consider giving us a voice. This sight is how we kajukenbo ohana stay informed and in touch. I am greatful and I wake up every day to represent our club with honor. Thank you sir for your consideration.

Aloha Sifu Marco, I'm not sure what kind of voice you have in mind, but just do like the rest of us and jump on in. We're all Ohana here and everyone knows what great contributions your teachers have made to Kajukenbo.
"Rank Without Honor is Nothing."
Dan Weston
3rd Degree Black Belt under Prof. Bishop
FMAA
Don't tell me how much you honor Sijo, if you don't respect his wishes.

Offline Sifu Marco Diaz Jr.

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
  • TKO
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2008, 07:30:53 AM »
Absolutly sir, thanks for the kind words. Train Hard bra.

sifu
Sigung Marco Diaz Jr.
5th degree black belt.
Under 9th degree G/M Max Togisala
training since 1977.

Offline HARDWORK

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • any thing worth having,is worth working for!
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2008, 12:29:08 PM »
Sifu Marco,my teacher GM Reyes and GM Togisla are very good friends,,,a few years ago we went to a tournament in san jose and the party/BBQ after was great,,,to sit around and listen to stories,,,good times
Sifu Rob Harris 3rd degree -Reyes Kenpo

handsofstone23

Re: Honoring Sijo Adriano D. Emperado's
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2008, 07:21:33 PM »
Aloha,
i am very interested in learning the revised alphabets. Sigung Ray, would you be kind enough to send me your contact information so that we may discuss the alphabet tape. Thank you for your time. Mahalo
sibak Ruben

Offline GM ALAN M. REYES

• SGMReyes
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2009, 07:46:14 PM »
I would like to think that the original alphabets has NOT evolved to any next generation. What the original method is, is just that, the original method, which is the Emperado method. and has remained as such throughout all the so-called changes. Yes and I do believe there is only one set of ABC's as you would learn in school....unlike like others that seem to believe that their interpretation is correct. one way and one way only. The alphabets are the only self defense that does not really need any add-on or ground attacks,,, but WE are KAJUKENBO, and we will do ground work, but it doesn't change the "original" alphabets from Emperado, no revisions, no changes, exactly what Emperado wanted, it has lasted this long, it will definitely outlast all of us in its entirety.
GM Alan M. Reyes
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 08:03:50 PM by GM ALAN M.REYES »
SGM Alan M. Reyes
SrGrandMaster KSDI(2014)
GrandMaster KSDI(1999)
9th DegreeRed/SilverBelt KSDI(1986)
60Yrs.ContinuousTraining KSDI/ReyesKenpoKarate(2014)
FirstGenerationStudent/Successor-GGM Aleju C. Reyes-RKK CA(1959)
FirstGenerationStudent-GGM Sijo Adriano D. Emperado-Palama Settlement Hi(1954)

Offline GM ALAN M. REYES

• SGMReyes
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2009, 05:24:37 PM »
It is true that the BBSociety was started as a meeting place for instructors of different martial backgrounds, and TRUE, Sijo always gives respect where respect was due, but that should be the end of it. Sijo should be recognized as THE pillar of Kajukenbo, it is his innovations, his genius, his Black Belts that went out into the world spreading "his" knowledge.
I also give respect to the memory of days past for the Black Belt Society....But when it comes to KAJUKENBO, I know only and was raised with the personage of the Emperado Brothers.....Even the title of Sijo or Professor at that time was ONLY given to Emperado by the chinese society because it was EMPERADO that they recognized as the SIJO of the KAJUKENBO SYSTEM, no one else. Did the other Black Belt Society instructors members recieve that title. No one person should be able to step into "SIJO" shoes or place of honor,or promote without recieving that title.
In my opinion, The person responsible for and who should be the only one who has brought Kajukenbo to the world is Sijo Emperado, trace it back, way back... every BB in 2009 to who? and that who, would be Emperado...Even Ordonez was once a student at Palama, So equal as a BB Society Member, but not an equal at Palama?
Also I know it's a generic term,,, 21 original knowledge's Advance Counter's,,,but
1,2,2A,3,3A,4,4A,5,5A,6,6A,7,7A,7B,8,8A,9,9A,9B,10,10A,10B,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,21A
looks like 34 to me, a small but interesting note to your readers, all Emperado,all original, all effective

GM Reyes

SGM Alan M. Reyes
SrGrandMaster KSDI(2014)
GrandMaster KSDI(1999)
9th DegreeRed/SilverBelt KSDI(1986)
60Yrs.ContinuousTraining KSDI/ReyesKenpoKarate(2014)
FirstGenerationStudent/Successor-GGM Aleju C. Reyes-RKK CA(1959)
FirstGenerationStudent-GGM Sijo Adriano D. Emperado-Palama Settlement Hi(1954)

Offline Ghost Rider

• Senior Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • Live hard & Die fast
    • Kajupit.com
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2009, 07:31:22 PM »
YES SIR! THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Greg Harper
senior instructor, Gumataotao Kajukenbo
Head instructor, Kajupit MMA
Sijo Emperado's personal body guard