Author Topic: Grandmaster Frederick J. Villari-Shaolin Kempo Karate  (Read 52564 times)

rcollette

Re: Grandmaster Frederick J. Villari-Shaolin Kempo Karate
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006, 01:27:55 PM »
Jody Sasaki EPAK, Adrian Roman EPAK, .. lots of EPAK ones...

kempoDavid

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 02:06:33 PM »
Thanks very much, Professor. Lol, it raises new questions now though. Anyone have any backround on these masters, I'd be curious as to what they emphasized in their training, what it was like, etc. Also, who taught the karate and who taught the kung-fu? Please realize that this is not an attack on Gm Villari's rank but just a question from someone who is interested in the components of his art.

Always more to learn,
Matt

I was aking questions on this same topic earlier this year, and got this answer:

Quote from: Al Cunningham
have asked a few of the Masters and others involved if I could use their names on the forum, I cannot post their response to me so I will post w/o their names.
Back in the early 70's one of Freds V had an associate whose wife was allowed entrance into the outer circle of the chinese masters inner circle. She was taught Kung Fu material directly by these chinese masters. She began showing what she had learned to a few of the USSD seniors and other USSD black belts. After awhile a few USSD seniors were introduced to the Chinese masters and began learning Kung Fu and Tai-Chi. I know that Fred V. met with a few of these masters however I do not know if he trained with them or not. Even Steve Demasco started learning Kung Fu from a chinese master around 1978 to approx. 1980-81.
Many of the USSD school owners liked the Kung Fu material and added it into their own "in house" training programs. Many of the very early staff forms were of Kung Fu origins.
One of Fred's , (by marrage), relatives had access to a alledged Chinese master who either lived on the mainland or possibly Hong Kong. Around the time when Fred V. was a 5th Dan he traveled up to Canada for a week or so to meet with this master. This meeting is another story.
Bottom line,
Fred V. directly/indirectly, was influneced by the Kung Fu material that his seniors learned from Bostons Chinatown community.

sorry for the thread necromancy, I hope you find this interesting.

Offline badsifu

• restricted
  • Brown Belt
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 02:11:47 PM »
have asked a few of the Masters and others involved if I could use their names on the forum, I cannot post their response to me so I will post w/o their names.
Back in the early 70's one of Freds V had an associate whose wife was allowed entrance into the outer circle of the chinese masters inner circle. She was taught Kung Fu material directly by these chinese masters. She began showing what she had learned to a few of the USSD seniors and other USSD black belts. After awhile a few USSD seniors were introduced to the Chinese masters and began learning Kung Fu and Tai-Chi. I know that Fred V. met with a few of these masters however I do not know if he trained with them or not. Even Steve Demasco started learning Kung Fu from a chinese master around 1978 to approx. 1980-81.
Many of the USSD school owners liked the Kung Fu material and added it into their own "in house" training programs. Many of the very early staff forms were of Kung Fu origins.
One of Fred's , (by marrage), relatives had access to a alledged Chinese master who either lived on the mainland or possibly Hong Kong. Around the time when Fred V. was a 5th Dan he traveled up to Canada for a week or so to meet with this master. This meeting is another story.
Bottom line,
Fred V. directly/indirectly, was influneced by the Kung Fu material that his seniors learned from Bostons Chinatown community.

So these two indians were walking down a trail.  One indian looks down and see some cow sh_t. 

Indian 1 "Looks like bullsh_t"
Indian 2 "yes"
Indian 1 picks up the sh_t and smells it
Indian 1 "Smells like bullsh_t"
Indian 2 "Yes'
Indian 1 takes a piece of the sh_t and puts it in his mouth
Indian 1 "Tastes like bullsh_t"
Indian 2 "Ya, better not step in it."
Dan Tyrrell

Vala Au

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2007, 02:37:08 PM »
Now I see what you've been saying.  I guess I was playing in the mud somewhere when all the Crapola do was festering.  Wow, 15 Million students, that' some real Karate Do.

kempoDavid

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2007, 02:50:36 PM »
Bottom line,

So these two indians were walking down a trail.  One indian looks down and see some cow sh_t. 

Indian 2 "yes"
Indian 2 "Yes'

was this directed at me, Cunningham, or Villari? 

Offline badsifu

• restricted
  • Brown Belt
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2007, 03:09:22 PM »
Does it matter?
Dan Tyrrell

Offline Sifu Sin Bin

• Holy Cow, I am a
  • Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • YOU SUCK, TRAIN HARDER
    • check it out
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2007, 11:14:45 PM »
Welcome to the Kajukenbo Cafe Dave ::)
Professor Rob Peladeau
8th Degree - KSDI #672
Loyal Student and lifelong friend of
Grand Master Emil Bautista
NorCal Headquarters of K.S.D.I. Ambassador

Offline Al Saddler

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2007, 12:07:12 PM »

Indian 2 "yes"
Indian 2 "Yes'

Are you sure it wasn't two Portagees?
Al Saddler
Powell's MMA Academy

kempoDavid

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2007, 12:18:53 PM »
Does it matter?

Yes: are you being a jerk towards me, saying Cunningham is full of crap, or dismissing Villari as being unimportant.  3 very different things.  Only one of which do I care about.

Offline badsifu

• restricted
  • Brown Belt
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2007, 12:26:32 PM »
Ah.  Name calling.  I like.  You are either:

a.  A fool for believing this BS story
b.  A fool for thinking that anyone else would believe this BS
c.  A fool for thinking we give a rat's asp
d.  All of the above

Are you sure it wasn't two Portagees?
No, cause they would go right to eating the BS and wouldn't bother to smell it.
Dan Tyrrell

Offline Al Saddler

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2007, 12:33:53 PM »
I understand your the story and I'm laughing.

However, someone is getting a bit upset at you. You may have to attend charm school. 

Al Saddler
Powell's MMA Academy

Offline badsifu

• restricted
  • Brown Belt
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2007, 12:37:07 PM »
I understand your the story and I'm laughing.

However, someone is getting a bit upset at you. You may have to attend charm school. 

Do they accept us Portagee into Charm school?  Last time I checked, they didn't allow us, pitbulls, or titas. 
Dan Tyrrell

Offline Steve

• Blue Belt
  • Peace and Love
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2007, 01:32:23 PM »

I have learned some Villari Shaolin kempo ....long time ago .....Here in Quebec Province  from the Studio unis ....Right now all change for Nick Cerio Kenpo

Some train again under the  Presare school in Quebec....

All this branch came from Sijo Emperado root to Sonny Gascon to the others Nick cerio ,Villari,Tracy and so on ....thats a melting pot  ;)

But  for the Kung fu  ???  kung fu in kenpo ....thats like kenpo in pai lum kung fu .....like kung fu in Lima Lama  with the Haumea Lefiti  kung fu stuff....

Steeve
Steve Malette
Kajukenbo /chuan fa  Honor to GM Gelinas,Sifu Baralis.Sifu  Fajardo
Ng Ga kuen Kung fu(GM Ark Yueh Wong system) under Sifu Seming Ma
Kuntao Silat De Thouars Honor to Guru Tuan Randall Goodwin
Who s Who

Vala Au

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2007, 02:26:28 PM »
Dave,

Hopefully your world isn't shattered about your Kenpo lineage.  You don't honestly believe that you're gonna come on a Kajukenbo site and expect the members to lovingly embrace a story about what most Kaju people deplore, which is McDojoism.  Kajukenbo predates the American Kenpo movement and their affiliates.  Yeah, similiar lineage i.e Sijo, Chow, Mitose, but that doesn't make it same cause of the Kenpo/Kempo root.  I would suggest doing some research before sticking your neck on the chopping block with this motley crew.  But don't let me break your spirit, everybody on here is a fighter.

Sending Badsifu to Charm school would be like putting an elevator in an Outhouse, jus don't belong.  I think I read that in that book, Run to the Outhouse, by Willy Makit and Betty Don't.

Offline badsifu

• restricted
  • Brown Belt
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2007, 03:06:40 PM »

Sending Badsifu to Charm school would be like putting an elevator in an Outhouse, jus don't belong.  I think I read that in that book, Run to the Outhouse, by Willy Makit and Betty Don't.

You can dress a pig in a tuxedo.  He's still a pig.

OINK.
Dan Tyrrell