Author Topic: Grandmaster Frederick J. Villari-Shaolin Kempo Karate  (Read 52562 times)

kempoDavid

Re: Grandmaster Frederick J. Villari-Shaolin Kempo Karate
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2007, 11:30:56 AM »
Dave,

Hopefully your world isn't shattered about your Kenpo lineage.  You don't honestly believe that you're gonna come on a Kajukenbo site and expect the members to lovingly embrace a story about what most Kaju people deplore, which is McDojoism.  Kajukenbo predates the American Kenpo movement and their affiliates.  Yeah, similiar lineage i.e Sijo, Chow, Mitose, but that doesn't make it same cause of the Kenpo/Kempo root.  I would suggest doing some research before sticking your neck on the chopping block with this motley crew.  But don't let me break your spirit, everybody on here is a fighter.

Sending Badsifu to Charm school would be like putting an elevator in an Outhouse, jus don't belong.  I think I read that in that book, Run to the Outhouse, by Willy Makit and Betty Don't.

My world isn't shattered at all.  I think Villari probably made up the "Chinese material" from thin air (which wouldn;t be too far form this story really).  I think this story is a lot more beleivable than any other I've heard about Villari and his "Chinese" material, and I thought was relevant to this thread, so I copied it over here.  I never said I believed it, or that it was important to me etc.  Just, this was what somebody told me.

So what did I expect?  not sure... What I didn't expect was to be personally attacked for it, by someone with limited reading comprehension skills:

"are you being a jerk towards me.. or..." I asked
"oh, name calling... you are a fool..." he replied
(see how I asked about his behavior, and he labelled me <sigh>)

is that the way you guys run this forum?  Is that the acceptable standard for discussion?  If so please let me know so I can know what level of intelligence to expect, I hate it when I expect an intelligent repsonse and get sophomoric chest-thumping and name-calling.  Why is it that people who post on bullshito think that every forum is BS?  See, when I go to BS, I exepct idiots to be idiots.  Coming here, I expected a little more.    Was I wrong?

Offline badsifu

• restricted
  • Brown Belt
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2007, 11:52:10 AM »
It seems that there is an extremely high level of crybaby from you Villari lineage people on this message board.  You don't like what I say, then go ahead and attack me back.  Or you can whine about how I hurt your feelings - I don't really care, but I'd at least have some respect for you if you stood up for yourself instead of begging for help from the masses or trying to make nice via email/PM.

In any case, you freely admit that you don't believe what you wrote (copy and pasted from someone else) is factual.  I stand by my initial reaction.  The person who originally touted this fiction as fact is full of BS.  The person who told you this fiction is BS.  And by association, you bringing this crap here makes you a BS peddler.
Dan Tyrrell

Offline Al Saddler

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2007, 12:37:20 PM »
David,

Badsifu was talking to me about the name calling and being a fool, not you. If you read the previous posts, you'll see that. So don't take too much of this as a personal attack. Also be thicked skinned around these guys. They'll eat you up. Just my advice which is worth what???
Al Saddler
Powell's MMA Academy

Offline Sifu Sin Bin

• Holy Cow, I am a
  • Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • YOU SUCK, TRAIN HARDER
    • check it out
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2007, 12:57:59 PM »
Just my advice which is worth what???

Nothing ;)
Professor Rob Peladeau
8th Degree - KSDI #672
Loyal Student and lifelong friend of
Grand Master Emil Bautista
NorCal Headquarters of K.S.D.I. Ambassador

Offline NYKaju

• Black Belt
  • Village Pariah
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2007, 01:16:34 PM »
Dave,

Hopefully your world isn't shattered about your Kenpo lineage.  You don't honestly believe that you're gonna come on a Kajukenbo site and expect the members to lovingly embrace a story about what most Kaju people deplore, which is McDojoism.  Kajukenbo predates the American Kenpo movement and their affiliates.  Yeah, similiar lineage i.e Sijo, Chow, Mitose, but that doesn't make it same cause of the Kenpo/Kempo root.  I would suggest doing some research before sticking your neck on the chopping block with this motley crew.  But don't let me break your spirit, everybody on here is a fighter.

Sending Badsifu to Charm school would be like putting an elevator in an Outhouse, jus don't belong.  I think I read that in that book, Run to the Outhouse, by Willy Makit and Betty Don't.

Do you know nothing of lineage? If someone did something before you, it means you do/did it yourself! Hell I was doing Kajukenbo before I even knew Kajukenbo existed! In fact, by doing Kajukenbo, I'm really doing Kung Fu because all martial arts come from Kung Fu as it is the Grandfather of all Martial Arts. Wow....I think this makes me a monk. Cool! I always wanted to be a monk! A SAMURAI NINJA Monk. Awesome!
Sensei/Coach James Mayors
Ronin Martial Arts
Kajukenbo under Dan Tyrrell
BJJ under Matt Serra
Judo under Mark Staniszewski
"You don't rise to the level of your expectations, you fall to the level of your training"

Offline NYKaju

• Black Belt
  • Village Pariah
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2007, 01:21:19 PM »
Quote from: kempoDavid

is that the way you guys run this forum?  Is that the acceptable standard for discussion?  If so please let me know so I can know what level of intelligence to expect, I hate it when I expect an intelligent repsonse and get sophomoric chest-thumping and name-calling.  Why is it that people who post on bullshito think that every forum is BS?  See, when I go to BS, I exepct idiots to be idiots.  Coming here, I expected a little more.    Was I wrong?

Please excuse badsifu's brash demeanor...he is going through Kata-Withdrawal...that's what happens when you go cold turkey I suppose...

And as for comparing here to Bullshido....well I suppose people on here aren't as tolerant of blatant BS as well.
Sensei/Coach James Mayors
Ronin Martial Arts
Kajukenbo under Dan Tyrrell
BJJ under Matt Serra
Judo under Mark Staniszewski
"You don't rise to the level of your expectations, you fall to the level of your training"

Offline Al Saddler

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2007, 01:53:58 PM »
Thanks Sigung Rob, did you have to point out the obvious?  ;D

That was me and the open door policy. I opened it and you walked in....
Al Saddler
Powell's MMA Academy

Vala Au

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2007, 05:12:18 PM »
Dave,

Do you know nothing of lineage? If someone did something before you, it means you do/did it yourself! Hell I was doing Kajukenbo before I even knew Kajukenbo existed! In fact, by doing Kajukenbo, I'm really doing Kung Fu because all martial arts come from Kung Fu as it is the Grandfather of all Martial Arts. Wow....I think this makes me a monk. Cool! I always wanted to be a monk! A SAMURAI NINJA Monk. Awesome!
True dat.  When my brother and I were little kids we used to beat the hell out of each other in the back yard using mount, guard, triangle chokes and we never had a day one of training in BJJ.  I guess that would make us guru's on it today.

Badsifu, you write pretty good for someone who is challenged with limited comprehensive skills.  Oh well, like Professor Jerry Yuson used to say, "If they can't take it, f-ck em, feed em fish heads, and send em home".  I miss that guy.

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • "Accept the things to which fate binds you"
    • Bono's Jeet Kune Do and Kajukenbo
GM John E Bono DC
9th Degree Grand Master Gaylord Method Kajukenbo
Full Instructor-Hartsell's Jeet Kune Do Grappling Assoc
Chief Instructor Bono's Jeet Kune Do/Kajukenbo
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire,a dream,a vision

Offline Sifu Sin Bin

• Holy Cow, I am a
  • Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • YOU SUCK, TRAIN HARDER
    • check it out
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2007, 09:04:41 AM »
The clean shaven of the two in that video is none other than child star Billy Mummy of the original lost in space t.v. show. Thanks for posting that Prof. It took me down memory lane to the days of listening to the Dr. Demento showwhen I was just a lad :P
Professor Rob Peladeau
8th Degree - KSDI #672
Loyal Student and lifelong friend of
Grand Master Emil Bautista
NorCal Headquarters of K.S.D.I. Ambassador

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • "Accept the things to which fate binds you"
    • Bono's Jeet Kune Do and Kajukenbo
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2007, 10:42:29 AM »
I didn't realize that.....but yes also a huge Dr. Demento fan from back in the day......nothing like a good old fish head to cool things down I say.....GT
GM John E Bono DC
9th Degree Grand Master Gaylord Method Kajukenbo
Full Instructor-Hartsell's Jeet Kune Do Grappling Assoc
Chief Instructor Bono's Jeet Kune Do/Kajukenbo
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire,a dream,a vision

Offline Kemjiukai

• White Belt
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2009, 11:39:57 AM »
GM Fred Villari learned under Nick cerio he never trained with him he learned from him, thats where all his shaolin came from. When ever PS Chow would have a seminar he would go to it thats about it..it goes Matose temple, Chow, Cerio, Villari thats the tree 

Offline Danjo

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • Kajukenbo Forever!
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2009, 08:08:25 PM »
GM Fred Villari learned under Nick cerio he never trained with him he learned from him, thats where all his shaolin came from. When ever PS Chow would have a seminar he would go to it thats about it..it goes Matose temple, Chow, Cerio, Villari thats the tree 

Nope. It goes Mitose-Chow-Sijo-Leoning-Gascon-Pesare-Cerio-Villari

That's the tree.
"Rank Without Honor is Nothing."
Dan Weston
3rd Degree Black Belt under Prof. Bishop
FMAA
Don't tell me how much you honor Sijo, if you don't respect his wishes.