Author Topic: Testing question, need help!  (Read 4058 times)

Jking

Testing question, need help!
« on: February 16, 2004, 05:04:38 PM »
I have my own theories and guesses on the answer, however I would like to see everyone elses view.

The Question:

Explain and internal blow and how it is acheived.

Like I said, I have my own theories, but I could always be wrong.

Offline guarded

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • He who hesitates, meditates; horizontally!
Re:Testing question, need help!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 01:30:09 PM »
Not sure I understand the question. ???
Jerry Guard
Kajukenbo Tum Pai Brown/Black Sash under Prof. Steve Larson          My everyday stance is my fighting stance.  My fighting stance is my everyday stance.

Jking

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 11:48:18 PM »
 ;D  Please excuse the typos!

Explain an internal blow and how it is acheived

Offline Kaju Bear

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
  • Not by Power, Nor by Might, Only by Spirit!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 12:46:42 AM »
Explain an internal blow and how it is achieved?

An internal blow is one that is designed to have deep penetration to the opponent with the goal of causing extensive damage to specific organs, circulatory system, or nerve centers. It is achieved through an understanding of the anatomy of the human body and knowing where to strike. It is also necessary to understand the scientific laws of motion and impact of force. In this question we also must acknowledge the idea of chi or our own life force which is another energy source.

I am sure that you have seen slow motion films of how objects, when hit with a high velocity round, initially have a moment of compression. The energy of the round causes a force that compresses the object at the point of impact. Then as the round travels deeper into the object it’s energy travels away from the point of impact throughout the object. There are some real differences between the bullet and your fist. Your fist doesn’t ripe through, have an exit, or the same volume of force. The velocity of force of your strike causes energy that travels internally. The strike then causes a compression at the point of impact. The energy also continues to travel until, because of the laws of motion, the energy disseminates throughout the object. The organs and other anatomical tissues of the body are encased in fluids. These bags when compressed or hit with an energy wave can be ruptured or damaged.

Another component to this is chi. The use of our own internal energies as a tool which  can be developed and focused so that it can be used like the energy from the impact force mentioned above. If you study the martial arts you come to realize that there is more within us then just blood and bones. I personally believe in the exsistance of chi. However, I see chi as a product of many aspects of the body in harmony with one another. I profess no mastery of its mysteries and that is a topic for another question. I believe it’s not enough to just develop the muscles and technique in this respect you must also put forth your very essence into the strike. At a basic level, this is an application of chi with regard to an internal blow.

Fundamentally the ideas of internal blows are derived from being able to put the knowledge of all these subjects into a single moment of deliberate intent and action.
Sifu Morg Olsen
3rd degree, Emperado Method, Senior Grand Master Kaanana
1st degree, Tum Pai, Grand Master Robert Heuer

Jking

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2004, 05:07:10 PM »
Thank you, your input has been very helpful!