Author Topic: All Women's Martial Arts Camp - Would You Go?  (Read 14974 times)

Offline kempomama

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
    • Hokkien Martial Arts
Re:All Women's Martial Arts Camp - Would You Go?
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2004, 04:08:21 PM »
Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the invite to your school. Sifu Michelle is a nice person. I hope to meet her on Wednesday and to see you on both days.

Sheryl
Sifu Sheryl Baber Evans
Hokkien Martial Arts, Topeka, Kansas

Offline Serene

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • It Is What It Is
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2004, 04:17:15 PM »
Talofa (Greetings) All:

Seminar in Hawaii? Hawaii is fun. If you can guarantee a big turnout of supporters than go for it. ;D It's very
very costly.  ;)

The internet can help you schedule the invents from anywhere in the world. There have been many invents in Hawaii. In addition, there are many of those that live in Hawaii that visit the Cafe often they would be your best bet for information. Brandi is one of them. ;)

FYI:
My expereince regarding Women instructors at seminars:

They do exist I'm one. I have been an instructor at quite a few. Yes, I was the only female instructor  and the seminar was co-ed.

In addition, on many occasions I have assisted my instructors as an uke' for the alphabets, weapons, sparring and other self defense techniques.

I have never seen nor heard of a seminar that was strictly for men only. However, I have heard of "women" only seminars.

I believe the opportunity is there for male and female instructors we just have to step up to the plate.  ;)

Have a great weekend everyone. 8)

Soifua,

Sifu Serene Terrazas
Head Instructor
Terrazas Kajukenbo
American Canyon, Ca.

Offline kempomama

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
    • Hokkien Martial Arts
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2004, 02:19:51 PM »
Hello All
When I traveled to Seattle I  visited and trained with the women from 7 Star and was very impressed.  In fact, I told Andrew they were f****** awesome. I am heavily leaning towards going to PAWMA, but I am hesitant of travelling again with the baby( who made it very clear he did not like his routine interrupted - >:( :'(including nursing).

Sigh :-\

The one of the biggest dilemmas of a women in martial arts is knowing when to place your children before your art. For a baby, each month is a new developmental milestone, yet mom need a life too.
Will have to contemplate this... ???
Sheryl

Sifu Sheryl Baber Evans
Hokkien Martial Arts, Topeka, Kansas

kadena

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2004, 04:01:26 PM »
Perhaps having an idea of what will be taught (and when) at PAWMA will help with your decision. Go to http://www.pawma.org/camp04/schedule.html to see the schedule.

I'm glad you enjoyed your training at 7 Star and walked away with a minimum number of bruises.  :D I heard the entire class was spent doing street fighting.  :o